Monday, January 9, 2006

Without a Tinsel

Well, Christmas is over.

I took the tree down, in the wrong order. That sounds funny, I removed the decorations in the wrong order, I took the tree down in the right order. First I took off the ornaments that don’t have boxes to go home too, then I took off the garland. This was a mistake. I think you are supposed to denude the tree of everything decorative except the lights then take the garland off. I’m sure that would have worked better. It got done though.

I miss the decorations all ready and I’m still winded from running their boxes up the stairs. The living room looks different now, like an Embassy Suites, nice but not lived in. I went out and bought some sheers for the windows but that didn’t do anything to dispel the “not lived in” problem. I can’t think of what was there before that I liked and what is not there now that is making me not like it.

While I was doing all this undecorating I was also watching my Without A Trace DVD that finally arrived. It took so long to get here I kind of forgot why I wanted it in the first place, way to go seller! No “Great Transaction! Fast Delivery!” feed back for you. I ordered it before Christmas and it arrived after New Years. The seller let me know that she had a cold and would be getting out to mail it “soon” and I, feeling all Christmas spirit said “No hurry, no worries!”. She emailed me later after I was getting antsy about where my DVDs were and announced she had just moved cross country and she would mail it Tuesday. Gawd. Whatever.

I watched the whole first season between Friday night and Sunday afternoon. I didn’t have any more to put away but I hadn’t finished the season yet so I did laundry and folded stuff while I watched the last couple of episodes. If you have roughly 18 hours to kill watching TV it’s a good idea to multi task so you don’t you know, end up with a TV watching hang over or something or wake up Monday morning a realize you blew the whole weekend watching a CBS procedural drama. I would have also hated to waste an entire weekend watching Anthony LaPaglia and Co., char actors regardless of network, sublimate their own issues for 18 hours.

"No personal lives?" You say, "is WoAT a Jerry Bruckheimer production?", Yes, yes it is! It is exactly like all his other shows except the male lead does have a personal life. He also sometimes does not speak in a monotone and I think he weighs more then the other leads of the other Jerry Bruckheimer fill-in-the-blanks-police-procedurals. Also, this show is about FBI agents and that makes it really different from the CSI shows. Kind of, but not really. I think they spend more time flashing their badges and questioning witnesses then the CSIs - the FBI agents are more like the cops in the Law and Order universe. I like the FBI agents on WoAT, I don’t want to think they are part of the same FBI that listens to our phone conversations and does whatever Shrub tells them to. I want them to be like Booth or whatever Angels name is on Bones is, I want them to be nice FBI agents who vote Democrat and hate injustice and love the constitution.

(Dogger finally got her bath)

No comments: