Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back To Life

The Olympics are over. Sigh. I watched a lot of it too. I even watched curling! But, I was getting a little over them too, you know? As much as I really like The Olympics, I think I’m good until next time. Does anyone else need some time away from Bob Costas and Dick Button?

It was getting a little ridiculous. I felt like I was cheating on the games if I switch the channels for a minute, like they would notice… Okay, NBC, I’m sure noticed, but not really because I’m not one of those un-American Nelson families that watched everything but the games and I bet they didn’t feel guilty about it at all. Fickle redstaters. Like anyone else actually felt guilt because they watched Grays Autonomy instead of the men’s downhill whatever. I was a good American and I watched anything they wanted me to watch during prime time. I did cheat a little; I taped other shows and then watched them real fast before the games came on but it made me feel like I was sneaking around behind the games back.

But the games are over and guilt free prime time viewing is back! I have actually missed CSI Miami! Do you know how sad that is? I mean, CSI Miami? Ew. I get two hours of Law and Order on Wednesday and I’m looking forward to sitting there and watching both hours guilt free and with out Bob Costas making me feel bad for not caring enough about some downhiller’s back-story. I mean, one of them is a rerun and might not watch it all the way, but the other is new and I’ve all ready set my VCR to tape the game delayed CSI- NY. I am very pathetic. Shut up, I want my routine back.

I’ve really missed NBC. I’ve missed all my little pretend TV friends. I mean, when was the last time E.R was on? Forever ago, that’s when. No My Name is Earl… I have seen many, many, many commercials for Conviction, which honestly, looks really dumb - The average age of blah blah is 28 years old!. So? Locally they just swore in a new judge, he’s 29! So you can suck on your piddly little 28 year old lawyers!

What else?

Now that I can watch whatever I want on TV, I’m going to celebrate by not watching it! Netflix is my new best friend! I know they kind of suck over the long haul, but I’m in the honeymoon stage with them right now and they are so totally at my beck and call – and becking and calling is what I am all about. I have 10 movies on my little list and I am going to be all about keeping that list moving. I did learn however that Netflix does not beck as well when it is about TV shows on DVD. One DVD at a time! I don’t want to watch the first four hours and then have to wait for the next 4 hours. I want all the episodes all at the same time! If I wanted to watch TV in real time, I would and sadly, do, but hey, I’m paying to watch those TV shows and I don’t want to wait. I thought briefly about adding Hogan’s Heroes season 2 or even season 3 to my list (since I spent oh, 5 hours watching my first season DVDs) but I think I'm going to want to own them too. Sadly, TPTB are very proud of those seasons DVD sets and I might have to end up putting them on my list for Santa.

No comments: