Friday, February 24, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

I should be very busy right now. I should be in the middle of copying a bunch of license applications for this pushy woman who called yesterday and requested what she said would be the licensure for the last five years for fourteen facilities but in reality turned out to be more like twenty three facilities. And I would be very busy right now except the copy machine ran out of paper – which I could deal with except the woman whose desk the key lives is at lunch and I don’t know where in her desk she keeps the key. I could paw through her desk looking for it but I don’t think she would appreciate it. So. Also? We keep a guy in the office for the heavy lifting and he’s away from his desk. He’ll be back.

I wasn’t turned away from the copy machine totally empty handed. I did get one facility completed and I am going to call the pushy woman and tell her that the request for her project that “She wanted to go the extra mile for” is going to cost her. I’m thinking, a lot and maybe she might want to scale back the request or decide that what she wants isn’t on the licensure anyway. Because it isn’t. We don’t care about facility staffing or turn over. She is going to be annoyed.

But whatever.

Tonight is the big ice skating extraganza! Which I might miss because Brosky wants to try out a new BBQ place –It would also be helpful if they would list exactly when the ladies skating was going to air. I know its going to air tonight but I want to know when. How long can I stay at dinner? Will I have to order out? Should I leave the house at all? I mean these are real problems.

At least ther won't be long lines, according to Dick Ebersol ``This, without a doubt, is shaping up as the most competitive night in the history of American television.". Okay. So the last two election cycles weren’t all that competitive? How about the Super Bowl? I hardly think that lame entries such as The Love Boat Dancers really should count as any kind of competition any way. What do they win anyway? Does it mean their agents will return their calls? Maybe if they’re lucky they can get a spot on a Lifetime movie? Whatever. I also still hate Survivor.

Okay, that is a little sad. But then I don’t watch reality shows, and I don’t really see how any of them are strictly “competitive” in nature. It makes me sad that NBC would think that. I blame George Bush, first for giving our ports away and than for the whole reality TV thing. I have no proof but I think it’s all a neocon ploy to dumb down Murica. Yeah, I know it all started during Clintons second term, but really, the neocons were all ready there and I know the whole thing is their idea. It’s very Rovian.

No comments: