Monday, February 13, 2006

Gold Medal in Couch Surfing

I was sitting there at traffic light Sunday morning and I noticed that the SUV in front of me was not tricked out the way other SUVs/Minivans/1994 sedans I see sitting at lights in my neighborhood typically are. This one also had what looked like the same interesting graphics as the other cars I see, but it wasn’t until I read them that I understood that this was not you average SUV in the ‘hood.

This SUV said Crime Scene Investigation in script across the tail gate and graphics I was impressed by on the sides identified it as property of the State Bureau of Investigation. It appeared to be full of stuff. I am choosing to believe that it is full of stuff because the SBI employee driving it was moving this weekend and borrowed the SUV. The back of the car wasn’t full of actual evidence it was full of his stuff. You truly do not want to see CSI in your neighborhood. I do not want there to be any crime scenes for them to investigate in my airspace.

I also noticed while I was waiting on that light ( worlds longest light) that it was snowing. Not real snow, more like dandruff snow. It’s being doing it on and off all day. It seems that once I notice what it is doing , it stops. So far our snow, unlike the snow the rest of the east coast is getting, has been limited to a rather passive aggressive snowfall.

On our local news over the weekend they were pimping out to us encouraging us to watch a feature they produced called “What To Do If You Have Top Get Out Of Your House In Ten Minutes And Most Likely Will Never Be Able To Return”. I can’t imagine why they did that. We don’t get tornados here unless we do and with hurricanes we have days advanced notice before hand and there are no levies here to fail. We do however have a nuke plant. I can’t think of what other huge, dangerous thing that could happen to us here in Boondocks, NC that could cause such peril. What do they know about that they aren’t telling us!? They can’t say out right : “RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! WE ARE ALL GOIN’ TO DIE ON TUESDAY!!!” so instead they show us the most efficient ways to flee? This does not make me feel at all secure. I want my local news shows to keep me updated on the best places to see fall color or where not to eat lunch. I do not want them telling me how to flee.

Have watched much Olympics? I’m still doing my warm ups. A little down hill, a little pairs skating. I’m trying to pace myself. I don’t want to burn out too soon. I need to stay rested and on my game; To do this I am ready to make sacrifices, I am willing to skip curling and any races over 1500 meters. I have to do what I have to do, it’s a long two weeks and I need to stay at my best.

The Olympics mean that my shows aren’t going to be on. I was okay with this until I realized that Sunday night Law and Order -CI and Crossing Jordan wouldn’t be on. It winded me, have to admit. It was tough but I moved on to other things; Alpine skiing, speed skating, ski jumping, snowboarding and luge. Lets see Vincent DeOnfrio try to luge.

No comments: