Wednesday, February 8, 2006

News

For my local readers: This is probably old news by now but at 6:36 pm the Helping Hand Mission on Tarboro was on fire. It looked like it was up in the attic or second floor area but it was clear the whole building was involved. . There were many, many, many firefighters on the scene. I just started a new detective novel today at lunch and one character said you can tell how close the disaster is by how fast the sirens stop. I heard the sirens and idly thought "Hmm. Just like the book. They did stop fast." I learned that when the sirens are really, really close by, you don't hear them at all. I had a neighbor go out 911 late one night and I never heard the sirens despite the fact they were right across the street. So anyway, The Helping Hand Mission is going to need a helping hand.

No comments: