Friday, February 17, 2006

Solving problems

I was having a real problem getting my morning paper. A oersistant problem, as you may recall, I had a whole interpretive dance I did about it and I started to think that if I had to do that dance any longer I was going to apply for an NEA grant. I finally got tired of the computerized complaint lady and the dance and so I sucked it up and requested to complain to a real person. The real person and I talked about my past bad experiences getting my paper, we talked about my getting the paper when I had expressly asked to not get it and I told him about the brief period of time that my morning paper experience was really good experience as it was on time and on my porch!. That real person sent me to another real person who is my delivery guys' boss.

We bonded. We agreed that a morning paper was a morning paper and since I pay for that morning paper that I should get it in the morning. We laughed we cried, it was a Hallmark(tm) movie in the making. He told me that he would make sure I got my paper on time. And I had to call again the next day.

This got his attention. He had sworn to me that he was going to get on the delivery guy and find out what his damage was and fix it. Fine I said. Fix the problem, kill the paper boy - it’s all the same to me if I am not getting my paper on time or if I am having to mount search and destroy missions to find it in the event it does arrive. I don't need these problems in the morning.

Yesturday morning my phone rang at just after my alarm went off.

Me - Whut?

Paper carrier - Your paper is in your yard, I just wanted to let you know it was here so you wouldn’t call again...

Me - Good.


I chose too see that as helpful and not at all as mildly threatening. If he calls me at 6am on Saturday, I will be the one behaving in a threatening manner. The calling is a little much but at least I know that the boss guy I talked to must have had a Come to Jesus meeting with my delivery guy after the boss guy and I did the whole Hallmark(tm) thing together.

edited to add, Friday morning my paper was late again.
edited to add pt. 2, my paper boys' boss just called me to tell me that hje "doensn't know what to do with that carrier" but that he is going to tell him the paper needs to be there at 5:30. Well. I whn I have talked to him or whoever was him be fore he was him, that my paper was supposed to be there at 5am. But anyway, I just want it there before I leave for work.

Mini kitty has stopped being such a bitch. She finally let me touch her for the first time Wednesday! The thing with Mini is that she has the softest fur ever - just to be near her is to want to touch her. No creature, outside a fancy European rabbit breed and possibly some designer goats have fur and soft as Mini’s. To touch Mini is to immediately want to do a face plant right into her - so it was really hurtful that she was being such a bitch and withholding her wonderful fur. Here she was, I had her all to myself and she was selfishly keeping her fur all to herself! She has this amazing wonder fur and a leetle pink nose and she’s just as cute as a button and she wouldn’t let me near her! She’s like kitty crack and she was biting, scratching and cursing at me. I wanted purring and I got punched.


Well after forty eight hours she finally thawed out or gave in or decided she had been abandoned and might as well make the best of it and she let me properly worship her furry perfectness - in that she refrained from drawing blood and when she growled at me you could tell it was only half hearted and really more like her boiler plate growling. Did I mention her tiny pink paws? On Thursday she packed up her wonder fur, her leetle pink nose and her tiny pink paws and went home.

No comments: