Monday, February 6, 2006

Super Blah Weekend

There were so many things I could of and should have spent the weekend doing.

Instead I spent Saturday:

9:30 - Woke up.

9:45 - Put Dogger out to pee/fed Dogger/ took Dogger out to pee/Put Dogger in yard/Noticed it was raining/brought Dogger in.

10:30 - Watched Fridays Monk I taped.

10:45 - Heated left overs for lunch.

11:15 - Watched 2 hours of taped 15 year old Miami Vice and ate lunch.

12:50 - Fast forwarded through two more hours of a couple of 15 year old Miami Vice reruns after deciding I had most likely all ready seen these but still watched them to see if these episodes were just very similar to other 15 year old Miami Vice reruns or if episodes I had not actually similar but not the same to all ready watched 15 year old Miami Vice reruns I had all ready watched. Sadly, I had all ready seen these. This gave me opportunity to ponder if the show used same stock footage of the lieutenant giving his "Get Out Of My Office And Back To Work and Stop Bothering Me Before I Kill You With My Super Secret Laotian Mind Meld, Why Yes, I don’t have any other facial expressions, why do you ask?" death glare, interspersed with shots of the lieutenants’ standing in his office with his trademark stance of "Ask Around, I Eat Babies and I’m Bigger and Better Bad Ass than Thou get back to work you pastel suit wearing pansies". I also thought about if the lieutenant wore the same black suite for the entire run of show or if they just inserted stock footage of the "death glare"/"Bigger and Better Bad Ass Than Thou" into show as needed to cut down on expenses and if producers just got rid of the lieutenant actor after the first season to free up funds for the prettier members of the cast wardrobe and hair product expences.

1:20 - Needed change. Watched DVD of Betsy's Wedding. Lusted after very young Anthony Lapaglia, wondered when he started to get so chunky bulk up and whatever happened to Ally Sheedy?

2:30 - Decided that these were questions best left for the ages. Got dressed.

2:30 - Took Dogger to post office to mail bills.

2:45 - Got in car and went to Grocery instead, with mind to buy butter and sugar and then mail bills.

2:48 - At grocery, stressed over what exactly “Shed Spread” is and whether it counts as a margarine or a “sandwich spread”, wondered if I had been using “sandwich spread” all along and not noticed. Asked self what “sandwich spread” is anyway. Closed eyes and grabbed a tub of something that may or may not be yellow and hoped it was something in the margarine family.

3:30 -Decided I might want to bake a cake. Bought cake mix, icing, fake eggs, new chewy bone for Dogger and card for friends soon to be 6 year old.

3:45 - Stood in parking lot and tried to decided what 6 year olds want for birthday gifts. Remembered that other friend had a child with a birthday last week that went unremembered by me. Decide that existing card would be adequate and more or less marking of event.

3:50 - Mailed bills

4:15 - Decided cake backing scheme was bogus. Ate frosting out of tub.

4:25 - Gathered laundry.

4:30 - watched HGTV.

5:15 - Tripped over laundry on way to fed Dogger

5:16 - attempted to make Dogger want to eat dinner.

5:17 - Dogger more interested in new chewy bone, told me she would get back to me later on dinner plans.

5:25 - Checked Email.

5:27 - Fed Dogger.
5:35 - Sorted Laundry, discovered that laundry didn’t need to be sorted.

5:45 - Tormented Kitty with digital camera with time saved by not needing to sort laundry.

5:55 - Put Dogger in yard.

6:00 - Took laundry to basement.

6:15 - Remembered that HGTV show I liked was on.

6:16 - Realized it was one I had all ready seen.

6:20 - Checked Email.

6:30 - Trotted out new George Foreman. Enthusiastically prepared boneless/skinless chicken breast for dinner.

7:20-7:35 - Tormented Kitty with digital camera.

8-10:00 - Law and Order -Criminal Intent does two hour ripped from the headlines reworking of the story of that chick who went missing in the Caribbean.

11:30 - SNL.

Sunday.

Much the same except for no Miami Vice, Monk or Betsy's Wedding. Filled time instead with actual chores. More work, less fun - spent most of day waiting for Puppy Bowl to commence.

No comments: