Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blooming

Wie gehts es? Yeah, I have layers.

It’s still trying to pretend that it’s spring. Kind of. It was enjoying being winter and now it is slow to be Spring. Winter is so much easier. Everything just lays there, no ones working too hard, stuff just kind of sits. It’s like nature goes on vacation for a while. Chills out so to speak.

It chills for a while, catches up on its rest, takes a deep breath and then goes back to work. I think needs a little rest before starting up with spring. Spring takes more energy, what with the trees budding and the flowers coming up and the birds coming back and the baby everything’s everywhere. It must be a lot of paper work, probably in triplicate and then it has to be routed and filed and you know things get lost along the way. I think that is why my azalea hasn’t bloomed yet.

Another phone call! don’t these people know I have work to do?! At least this person was ostensibly not insane. They actually wanted me to do something I can actually do. I get callers who seem to think (my ego non-withstanding) that I hold all information on all things. I blame this on the revolving door of secretaries and the fact that once your name and number get out there to the world, they use it!

Caller – Hi! I know you don’t have this but can I get licensure for Blahdeblah Group Home?

Me – Sorrynotmyjob!

Caller – Could I have the number of the division whose job it is?

Me – (The magic words are: STATE OPERATOR) To the caller – Oh, let me look, the correct division is the Division of Whatever, they can be reached at …

Caller - ( The magic words are Too Lazy to remember) Oh! I think I knew that! But we know you!


I am not the official liaison between the trial lawyers and the State of North Carolina! I am a file clerk! It may be “faster” then doing the work themselves but you know what would be even faster? When they make the call in the first place? They could just tell whoever answers the phone that they want information concerning BlahdeBlah Group home! Whomever it is who answers the call has the number, right there it’s not buried under other things, it’s not on a piece of tattered paper holding on for dear life on my desk leaf - they may even have it memorized! I clearly do not and I have no desire to do so. Say it after me : File. Clerk.

But I do it anyway. I am so damn helpful.

And back to the spring issue.

My azaleas. Because it is all about my azaleas and its missed paper work. It is not blooming. I looked at it this morning for signs of bloomage but found nothing. I saw several examples of blooming azaleas yesterday while I was walking Dogger and yet my azalea is resolutely not blooming. My irises have bloomed vigorously. They look great. They are the greatest looking saddest iris plants in the world and yet even they managed to pull it together enough to bloom a bumper crop this year. The azalea is mocking me and not at all a self starter.

My tree even bloomed. The flowering thing next to my front walks? Flowering! Not the way others of its kind are, but flowering non-the-less. Could it be that I was supposed to dosomething to the plants? I mean besides thinking thoughts about how they should be working harder at bloom school? Bringing home more home work? Sought out bloomage tutors? I haven’t said anything to them directly, but I think they have noticed that I have noticed.

No comments: