Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Spring Made

I think we may have struck Spring. I’ve had several hints that this may have happened. The other day I heard the ice cream mans’ truck – “heard” being the operative word, I always hear it I never see it, it’s like trying to chase a rainbow. He always appears to be just around the corner but he’s always right out of reach. The flowers in the back yard are blooming and, dead spring give away - I woke up last night and Camp Knotty pine, even with the windows open, was a sauna.. It may be time to start closing the camp down for the season and even more proof of spring springing? I ate lunch outside yesterday for the first time since October! And while I was out there, I discovered that there is a red tail hawk’s nest up in one of the trees. I thought that was cool. It wasn’t there last fall.

Dogger and I are both hoping the warm weather continues. The other day I cranked open one of the windows in her room and when I went later to crank it shut it would not crank. It has cranked its last and now is open perpetually. All the way too. No half cranked windows for me! I have plenty of windows I can’t open but so far this in the only window I can’t close (edited to add, solved!. The Kitty is thrilled with this opportunity for bird gazing and seems to have no issues with walking right in front of Dogger to get to the window. Dogger is less thrilled by this but seems to be in some of a state of shock that The Kitty seems to have no issues whatsoever walking right in front of her. Dogger thinks she, as a nearly 100 pounder, deserves more respect than this, that the least The Kitty could do is pretend that he has a little concern or awareness about the difference in their relative sizes. In response, The Kitty is all “Yeah. I could slink more but you know? I could walk on your head too. Do you want me to walk on your head? Because I could you know. I have it in me. But ya know? You’re the Dog, I’m the Cat. What-eveh” and than he makes a not entirely convincing imitation bird noise and watches Dogger try to hide under her water bowl.

I found this while I was replacing Doggers bedding after her bath Sunday night.

Dear Vet,

My name is Dogger. If I weigh 97 pounds

 Posted by Picasa



and I have the towing capacity of an F150,

 Posted by Picasa


and these are my teeth,

 Posted by Picasa


Then why do I keep I hiding behind the shed?!!!

 Posted by Picasa



Help me!!!

Love,
Dogger



I asked her vet the last time we were there about her Death From Above issues and the vet laughed. Apparently if the dog doesn’t have expensive separation anxiety issues, the vet community feels comfortable laughing at their patients mental health. I may have to laugh my way to a different vet.

No comments: