Thursday, March 16, 2006

Wakey, Wakey

I was sitting in the kitchen this morning, quietly reading my paper when my alarm clock went off upstairs. I thought Wow. I should be just getting out of bed now. I should be walking to the bathroom and just starting, I shouldn’t be here yet. I almost found myself listening to hear myself walk across the floor and turn the faucet on. I had gotten out of bed early because I realized it didn’t mater what time it was, I was awake and the cat abandoned me and I needed to get up .

It was 5:30am and I had been thinking about being awake since about 4am.Kitty did a good job keeping me warmish and my mind off the fact that the parts of me that were not in contact with The Kitty were cold and not pleased and also awake. I was laying there and I figured out why so many people chop down trees around their homes – the damn birds sit in the trees and squawk for hours! If you do not have trees you do not have to listen to them squawk. The song birds must not have flown north yet; those that stayed are the ones who can’t sing. The big, hulking, tone deaf birds. The birds you don’t go to any trouble to feed. The ones that are too big for your cute song bird bird feeder. The birds who stay are the ones that eat small dogs. I don’t know what hulking puppy snatches were out that but it sounded like American Idol was holding auditions. I have lived with wild parrots camped out outside my window and they didn’t make that much noise.

So I got up did my thing, got me up/dressed and downstairs got the dog up/out/fed and back to her room. I was surprised to see that she was all ready awake, sometimes I go in there in the morning and she’s still asleep. I think the puppy snatchers woke her up. She probably thought they were coming for her.

Yesterday, I got to work and got on the phone to the paper and told them I was canceling my subscription if they couldn’t get my paper to me before I left for work in the morning. I told them I was going to cancel and I was going to say it was because the delivery guy was late, late, late everyday and I was tired of it. I was tired of calling them every morning, I was tired of talking to supervisors, I was tired of them. I told them that my paper will be on my lawn by the time I go out there at ten after six or I am canceling. It must have worked, today the paper was there at 5:45am ( which is still 15 minutes later than it is supposed to land in my yard, but...) I should have threatened to cancel months ago!

With all the extra time I was able to really process what I was reading. I have decided after reading Luanne this morning, that I want the hot fire chick, the one that Brad, Luanne’s potato head brother, lusts after, to move to Hawaii and never come back just like the out of her league object of Luanne’s affection did, and then I want hot chicks boyfriend to smush Brad. I also think Doonsbury is in reruns this week.

I was looking at the TV guide thing – why are we still watching basketball? How can this not be over yet? Are there any teams that do so badly over the course of the season that they do not play during March? Why bother playing 1100 games a season if you can lose all of them and still be playing on my TV in March. Football doesn’t mess around like this: You suck and your season is over, none of this “madness” nonsense and the football play offs don’t force my TV shows to not be on. I think there should be a way to opt out of the wall to wall Basketball coverage.

No comments: