Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Popsicles in the break room

Gawd it’s hot. It’s hot and freaking miserable and we’re all helping each other out by talking about how hot and miserable we are.

Honey, Honey, Honey! . I keep walking because none of my names are Honey. Honey, help me out, take that jacket off! It’s a 100 degrees in here!. First? Yes. I know it’s hot. Second, I office in what was called once upon a time “The Sun Porch” – the whole heat thing is not really coming as a huge surprise to me. I was hot hours ago. The paper thin jacket in question is not really high on my list of things that have been making me hot.

Tell me that shirt isn’t long sleeved!. No, no it isn’t. But right now it feels like I am encased in a full body bra and I bet that if she really was feeling hot by proxy, she would realize it wasn’t my shirt that was making her uncomfortable.

The coke machine hates me too. I went to get something cold to drink, because you know, the heat and it wouldn’t take my money and not in a “lets all pitch in and do what we can for each other here have a free coke” kind of way either. It didn’t like how one of my quarters tasted. Bastard. I think it just doesn’t like working when it is this warm inside. I don’t either but when a quarter falls into my hand; I’m not giving it back. I’m poor, I need quarters. . It is now so hot that I am bitching that the coke machine didn’t steal my money.

I’m sure that the Pepsi machine would be all about taking my money but the Pepsi machine doesn’t have anything I want. Stupid machine. Stupid Pepsi. The Coke machine is chock a block of things I want and it won’t have any part of me! And I’ll take the abuse too. Stupid Diana.

Mr. Kitty is well into another couple of days on his new and improved Chicken diet. Everything seems to be going as it should be. I have noticed a little increase in the time he spends grooming, but that could just be because he is spending less time begging and can a lot more time to his person care regiment.

So. Back to the heat. What is wrong with our A/C you ask? Isn’t this a problem that our crack team of maintenance professionals shouldn’t have taken care of? Well.

Earlier this week the electrical starter equipment that serves the subject chiller suffered major damage due to an electrical fire. The repair parts have beenobsolete since 1976 so a replacement unit has been ordered. We expect delivery of the equipment on Monday at which time we will begin installation. We are working to complete installation and startup by the middle of next week. Unfortunately,both buildings will continue to be without air conditioning until the repairs are complete.

We have expedited the repairs by authorizing overtime, paying premiums for quick shipment, and bringing in outside contractors to assist. I appreciate the understanding and cooperation from the staff in both buildings. If you have any questions or additional concerns please feel free to contact my office.


FYI? “My Office” is out of the office until Thursday

This was okay. On MONDAY! (Now, it's Wednesday. Still hot) In the morning when that email came in. it was fine. It isn’t fine now. It is HOT now and I have work I could do but am not doing because doing it would mean I would have to get up and move around and even do a little problem solving and all of that would be a lot of work in this heat – I would be more productive if I wasn’t so hot. I should go home. Someone should send me home. If you were to come to the building and want something you would find that every light in the building is off. This is supposed to make it less hot. It makes it more dark.

I just took off the offending jacket. No, no change in condition. Still hot.

No comments: