Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Sunshiny

Yesterday as I was leaving work we were under a tornado watch. I had to stand there in the hall cooling my heals while the campus siren went off. I should mention that it was beautiful outside. The sky wasn't green, the wind wasn't blowing, there wasn't a fluorescent quality to the light - none of the signs that I read as "imminent tornadic activity". Earlier, it had been ugly, but the ugly weather was well past us. If it were up to me I would have pulled the siren in the morning when it went from sunshine to total blackness in about twenty minutes. It was nasty outside. And then it went away. It’s all about timing. I don’t think it helps the sirens profile in the community if it goes off when its pretty, it’s kind of like crying wolf.

Mini almost behaved like a real cat yesterday: She let me touch her with out drawing blood! It may have helped that I was able to come through with her demand for her own room. I drew the line at her request for white litter in a white box with freshly cut magnolia blossoms nestled in it.

Happy on “her” bed



Isn’t she cute? You can hardly tell she’s one of those slimy undersea creatures that sting innocent bastards just for walking past her.

Speaking of the little animals. I think I’m done with my vet. The Kitty now weighs less than an Olsen and while he did need to drop some weight he didn’t need to drop all his weight. He has hip bones that Laura Flyn Boyle would covet. I want a second opinion. I also want a vet that won’t laugh at me when I ask about my dogs growing agoraphobia

I’m glad to see that now that the time has change back to where it belongs, that it is dark again in the morning – As it should be! There is nothing comforting about waking up with a face full of sunshine in the morning. It was really causing me stress there at the end. I kept checking my clock on the way to work in the morning to make sure that I hadn’t some how not noticed over sleeping and it was really much, much later than it should be. I don’t care to have to wear sunglasses in the morning. Sunglasses are an afternoon thing. I see people wandering around in sunglasses before noon and I think jealous, less then sympathetic thoughts about what they must have been doing the night before . I am also happy about the morning darkness because it prevents me from having to see the trash that “somehow” makes it into my yard each night. There is nothing that takes the "Good!" out of your "Morning! like dumpster diving in your front yard.

No comments: