Monday, April 3, 2006

Weekend


Things Mini Kitty Has Hissed at me for so far

For:

1.Walking past her too quickly.
2. Not walking past her quickly enough.
3. Petting her.
4. Not petting her.
5. Staying too long in the same room as her.
6. Not being in the same room as her.
7 Not removing the “all ready been climbed” smell from the cat tree.
8. Having a blood type she does not care for.
9. The doggy smell.
10. Not providing her with her own room ( arrangements in process)
11. Buying cheap litter.
12. Not feigning interest in her stories.
13. The neighborhood birds not of high enough quality.
14. The window screens weave too dense.
15. Food provided not up to her high standards.
16. Insisting that the couch not be used a scratching post.
17. Not owning the sound track to Cats.
18. Kitty.
19. Dogger.
20. Forcing her people to leave her here.

It’s been a long 14 hours.

Do you think your neighborhood is quite? I did until I had over night guests and I realized I live in Grand Central Station! It never stops. Motorcycles, loud car stereos, ambulance, fire police sirens all night long!, people outside chatting, a train going through, dogs barking - Akita's do yap! I thought they were too big to yap and they do. For hours.

I don’t even hear those things anymore and I don’t think it really bothered my parents but I was up all night listening to all the damn sound. I nearly jumped out of my skin when The Kitty knocked over a plastic thing in the bathroom. Kitty knocks that over all the time , but not at 2:30 am when I have guests in the house! It sounded like a bomb going off.

This weekend I finally removed all the taped-from-TV tapes that I made. I haven’t watched them since I made them and the shows are now available in syndication should I want to watch them, and I don’t do that very often, so I decided that it was time for them to go hide somewhere. I also wanted to be able to access my DVDs more easily. Mission Accomplished.

Kitty has ignored the shelves where the tapes and DVDs live. He wasn’t even around when I did the switch over but he now knows the shelves are not just a part of the wall and he wants to explore them. I store a lot of things on those shelves, breakable things I have to keep out of his way. All night long I kept waiting for him to take the whole thing over



Along with hosting the fam and clearing a shelf I also finally went and picked out this years Bunny Drive bunnies. I was able to get two less than completely satisfactory bunnies for about what I would have paid for one completely satisfactory bunny. I.E, too gender specific, thus the having to buy two, the ribbons around their little bunny necks...



It was hard finding two I didn't hate. Every other bunny either had Jesus Saves embroidered on their little bunny chests or were dressed like little bunny para-troopers and carrying guns. I don't think bunny para-troopers or bunny born agains really honor either group with much respect. "HI! you're putting your life at risk! Here have a bunny wearing a camo tee-shirt and holding an AK-47! Thank you for your sacrifice!!, or "HI! you are a true believer! Here is a your belief system reduced to a slogan on a stuffed animal!! Happy Resurrection Of Your Lord!! While I was there in Plasticsloganland I also opted for some new plastic flowers. The plastic Irisi



My home grown Irisi




I hate Wal-Mart.

No comments: