Thursday, April 6, 2006

Yard Work

I was on the phone yesterday and I looked out my back window and saw a rabbit. A big rabbit. So I was trying to follow whatever was being said on the phone and all I could think of was ”Damn. That is a big rabbit! It must be some ones pet. It looks like one of those lop eared ones. I wonder whose it is and what it’s doing here and why Dogger hasn’t run it out of the yard yet and if it is going to let me catch it and how do you go about catching a rabbit and then what would I do with it. Did you know cats and rabbits are natural enemies?..”. I was really getting into the idea of this rabbit.

Tel me this doesn’t look like a rabbit



And so I’m standing there thinking these thoughts and after getting off the phone and washing my glasses and peering at the rabbit some more it started to look less like



and more like



Well.

Moving on.

I got to chatting with a fellow a pet lover at work and we were discussing Mini kitty and I told her that The Kitty was acting very unhappy since Mini came to visit and what a bitchy hag Mini was being to both of us and that Mini picked on The Kitty that The Kitty hasn’t purred since Mini walked in our door. The pet lover was aghast and said that it sounded like I really needed to do something “special” for The Kitty. I’m not sure what she was suggesting. It’s not like I can make a Mama and Kitty only tea party for the two of us or have an outing to the park or go to the mall together. I can’t even give him tuna as a reward. The Kitty can’t have treats. I can’t put him in the yard so he could let out his inner jaguar - he might eat grass and he can’t eat grass. He can’t eat anything that isn’t his kibble.

So I called a vet. Not primarily because I can’t teach The Kitty that food=happiness or that eating will solve his problems - I don’t want him to think that all he needs to do to make himself feel better is to feed his face. I don’t want to feed The Kitty fattening cat snax but something is wrong and I want to know what it is.

I called and made an appointment. I scored a Saturday appointment and all was good. It wasn’t until I came home and checked my messages that I realized I all ready have plans for Saturday morning.

Grrrrrrrr! Grown up TV shows shouldn’t start at 8:00! 8:00 is for kiddie shows! And Law and Order reruns!!! “Real” network prime time TV for adults starts at 9:00pm eastern!

Anyway. My plans. 2006 County Convention. The vet had to be rescheduled. I called them, noted that I had just talked to them to scheduled an appointment and I needed to reschedule all ready. I also let them know that The Kitty loves me and very few others. They have been warned.

No comments: