Friday, May 12, 2006

Don't call me

One of BellSouth's greatest assets is our reputation. One of the key factors that contributes to our reputation and good name is our long-standing tradition of ethics -- a tradition which has built solid trust between us and our customers, our employees, our shareholders, and our communities. As we work to maximize shareholder value, we will not waver in maintaining our tradition of ethics

BellSouth's ethical culture is rooted in our values. It is these values that guide our actions and relationships with each other, with our customers, and with our investors.

While our values describe who we are and what we are about, it is our actions that make these values meaningful. Every action we take shapes the ethical character of BellSouth. That character is at the heart of our reputation and ultimately sets us apart in the marketplace.

We understand each individual employee's actions contribute to the trust we have earned. We offer our employees a variety of resources to help them make ethical decisions and maintain the highest level of integrity.



Dear Bellsouth,

I am very sorry that I still have to rely on your company to provide my local phone service. You have sold me out. You have sold millions of innocent Americans out to the government. I have in the past actually had very fond thoughts of Bellsouth. Once upon a time one of your service technicians really helped me out the day I moved into my house. He was a great guy. I hope he saw the light and left your employ as I would hate to think that that nice man was working for your company any longer. You are not worth that good mans’ time.

Recent news reports have brought out into the open that Bell South has betrayed us and did so happily. I am beyond angry with you. I didn’t think I had to worry about trusting my phone company; we don’t have that kind of relationship: You provide a service and I pay you for providing that service. It has in the past been a dry and bloodless exchange. I have since learned you had blood on your hands the whole time.

Your cowardly behavior when faced with the choice to either stand firm for your customers right to privacy or betray them changed that. Bellsouth might as well have broken into my home and planted a bug in my phone. I have serious and profound doubts about your corporate ethics and the way Bellsouth conducts business. What else have you doing to betray your customers? Yesturday I would never have even given it a thought. Today I suspect Bellsouth of countless crimes and have no trust in Bellsouth or it's business practices whatsoever.

How dare you hand over my phone calls to the Government! I have never done anything wrong, millions of other Americans have never done anything wrong! thank you for treating the people of the United States like terrorists. We aren’t terrorists! We are nurses and teachers and truck drivers and CEOs. Bellsouth is weak and spineless and has no corporate ethics to speak of and I hope people who can dump your service do! and in droves!

I want you to stop giving my phone calls to the NSA and I want it stopped now and I want an apology and a reimbursement of my bill for the entire period of time you allowed the Government to spy on me. Shame on you.


Sincerely,

Diana

Bellsouth "ethics" page

No comments: