Tuesday, May 9, 2006

If this than that?

I think I have decided what my next project is going to be. No, not properly affixing the wall paper boarder to my roller shades as I have been planning on for months, and no, not moving myself downstairs for the season, but that would be a good project – but no, it was 54 degrees on Sunday and I can still tell myself it isn’t summer yet. No, I am going to go get actual prints of some of the pictures I have taken since I got the digital. I noticed when I was flipping through my most recent photo album that time more or less kind of stops right around Christmas – which would be when I got the new camera. I want time to move on and I don’t want to wait years to finally get around to getting the prints made. It would also be significantly cheaper .

It would also be nice to get on the front entry way ball and do something about it. I mean, if all I got done was painting it, the room would look better. As it stands now it is the only space in the house I haven’t done something to and it looks like a bus station waiting room in comparison with the rest of the house. It certainly wouldn’t kill me to do something to the space, it’s tiny so it won’t be a huge investment. I even know what it’s going to look like; I have the wallpaper picked out and everything. It’s just a matter of going forth and making the commitment to the job.

What else.

It rained on my way back from my parents place on Sunday. The closer I got to home the harder it rained. I think there was some intent present there, it was raining like a bitch and it was doing it on purpose. It could have waited until after I was home or got it over earlier in the day but it choose to rain like that while I was still on the road. Now, it seems to have a rain hangover. It knows it over indulged over the weekend and now the weather looks like it feels a little dizzy and maybe shouldn’t have gotten out of bed this morning. It forgot to turn the sun back on and didn’t remember to change the temperature setting on the thermometer. It’s still cold. It’s May, in the south! Dogger is curled up in a little dog ball when she should be stretched out under the porch – if I had a porch Dogger could get under. It’s more of a frame of mind then anything else. The A/C should be sputtering along, much like it is at work – but actually working. The only reason they haven’t made a Popsicle run today is that the outside temp hasn’t gone above 65 all day.

65 degrees! Poor Dogger keeps shedding her winter coat only to grow it back again. It also makes it hell to plan ahead for the week clothing wise for me - Is it going to be warm enough to wear short sleeves? If I go with the short sleeves because it’s hot outside, will I freeze at work where if the A/C is working it will be very cold? If I wear sleeves to dress for the A/C will the A/C not be working and leave me over dressed? Should I dress for the weather outside or the weather inside? Am I ever going to be able to take the lining out of my rain coat?

No comments: