Friday, May 5, 2006

Running Hot and Cold

I know you care and are probably at this very moment on the edge of your seat in anticipation. I would be willing to bet that more than a few of you have office pools running and want the new over – under’s.

Here they are

Q.Could you please give us an update on the air conditioning in the Bldg. It is really hot in here today and lots of our folks are very uncomfortable. We do have the big fans on but it is so hot outside that they do not seem to be doing much good. Thanks for any help you can give us. Call me at XXX if you need to.

A. Additional repair parts were ordered this week and expected to arrive tomorrow. We will continue with repairs as soon as the material is received.

I should mention that the giant chiller unit outside my window has been working like a son of a bitch all day. It’s not actually doing anything but it certainly looks busy. It’s been hanging around with state employees too long. So yes, to let you get your pools updated, today it is hot again. It was hot and than it was cold and now it is hot again. But if I come to work prepared for it to be hot, it will be cold. Like clock work.

I gave blood the other day, successfully, I might add, and I came home and a looked in the larder and found nothing that might aid in red cell regeneration.So I had to go out for dinner. Damn. I was putting Dogger into Mini and I happened to look up and there were two cop cars blocking my street. They were just sitting there, no lights, no sirens. Just kind of sitting there looking down the street towards my house. Shit.

I glance over at the drug dealers because lets face it, the cops aren’t blocking the street for me. The ever present group of people outside seem a little anxious, so anxious that they have turned off their car stereos! They must have been preparing for some imagined cop apocalypse because they turn down those stereos for no one.

So.

I got in the car with Dogger and decided to see if the cops were going to let me leave, they did. But really, after thinking about it for a couple of days, if they were going to rain hell down on the drug dealer and his friends and the rest of the neighborhood, they wouldn't just be hanging out in the middle of the street and it would be a good guess that two copsand a couple of cars are not enough man power to properly to rain hell down properly.

I never did find out if the cops were just being assholes or if they were there for a reason. I talked to someone yesterday and they suggested that the cops might have had a warrant for someone and they were just waiting for that person to put in an appearance. I’ve watched them arrest people and it usually takes at least three cop cars to do it properly. The last guy I watched them arrest was on foot and ancient and it still took four cars and five cops to do the job. He was being kind of verbally abusive and mildly unco-operative but he was also ancient. He was bitching at the cops he was also bitching at an equally ancient old man who was acting as a cheer leader for the cops. He wanted that old man “taken away” and “locked up” right now he was “dangerous” and could make a “real mess”. I guess maybe if he was incontinent he could make a mess but I appear a little more “dangerous” than the old guy it was taking four cars and five cops to haul away.

So I think the cops blocking my street the other night were just being assholes.

No comments: