Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bad delegate

I did go home at lunch and I was not depressed I didn't leave for lunch aiming to go home but I got in the car and realized my book wasn't with me oh noes! So I had to go home. When I got home I was thrilled to see that there was nothing floating in the basement and my rain collection bins upstairs were dry and ready to go. I did put out more buckets to try to catch anything that might want to further ruin my ceilings - but that was just in case. The NOAA is still officially predicting that "we all gonna die" so I think a little prevention is a good idea at this point.

I also picked up my rubber boots, just in time for it to stop raining and the sun to come out. I think it's a trick though, its waiting for me to go out there in my leather shoes and then it will rain hell down. I'm smarter than that.

I was a bad democrat last weekend. The 23rd was the big state convention in High Point and I blew it off!, I'm so ashamed. But not really. I did the local one I drove out around robin hoods barn for the district one and I really did not want to have to drive two plus hours away to go sit in a hot room and say Yea or Nay on planks I really could care less about and then drive the two plus hours home. I have all ready lost the free tote bag I got at the 2004 state convention, which was conveniently held in downtown Raleigh as opposed to down town High Point - great if you're there to buy furniture, not so great if you're there just to sit in a room and be hot and then hot and annoyed. Is it wrong that I don't understand why the state level democrats have to have am opinion on Palestine?

Despite me not being there to "cover" it, the Democrats did get some coverage, some translated as almost none, but I found two articles about it and while I am pretty sure they are the same text, it was printed twice. Go Democrats, and Go Blue!. It seems as though they disagreed about things. Shocking! The Democrats got together and disagreed? , I am beside myself with not surprised. One of the reasons I didn't go was those who would go did go and it sounds like they did their thing. I stop feeling sorry for your cause the minute you start to whine about it. Go one second past your allotted time and I will vote against you just because I can. I'll vote for any proposal that can be discussed without the speaker bursting into tears or handing out snippy handouts detailing how unfair the chair was last year. For real, if you are still bitching a year later about a point of order? I will second any motion to have you tossed out. I will even "call the question" to make you shut up and I'm not really sure what "call the question" means. I don't need the aggravation plus a four hour round trip. If you want me to go you have to promise to aggravate me closer to where I live.

But I still kind of wish I had gone. It's important that that of us willing and able to take part in our democracy to do so, the fact that it is boring as all hell and aggravating is beside the point. It's like taking your medicine and I should have just taken it.

No comments: