Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday

Wow. Again. Wasn’t it just Monday? Are these coming closer together or something? I was just at work and now here I am again.

I had completely managed to forget work. I had to go in on Sunday, had is not the right word - “wanted to” is not the right phrase either. I went to work on Sunday to get some housekeeping? Office keeping? Chores done and when I walked into my office I saw this stack of shite sitting there and I said “Oh. That’s right. The copier still doesn’t work and I bet the copier fairy doesn’t work weekends. I really needed this fixed too. Great.” . I checked too, the magic copier repair fairy does indeed not work weekends. It belongs to a magical repair fairy guild and they are really strict about not working weekends. Magical repair fairy pussies. I think I would have rathered not think about the grim realities of weekend copier repair for one more day. Oh well. I got my office keeping chores done and now on Monday I will have a couple less things on my To Do list. Yay. The massive copy projects are still there.

Sadly, getting ahead on office keeping does not eliminate the need to go to work on Monday. I still have tasks that need to be done. I could have these tasks done if not for my ongoing need to have the copier fixed - which is sadly, out of my control. I have two huge projects on deck for our federal overseers - This sounds very familiar. I just had a similar problem and for the same reasons - the damn copier was broken then too. I’m going to have to use the small, slow, noisy , inefficient, machine again. With the bog copier broken it also means sharing the small, slow, noisy, inefficient machine with the rest of the office. I can’t wait.

The spector of vacation is there as well, hanging out in the corner. Is there ever a good time to go on vacation? No, there isn’t. Vacation always comes at the least good time possible. It would be so much easier if it was possible to plan a whole vacation out, say three days ahead. That would be nice. But you can’t. Vacation has to be planned months in advance and no one else wants to co-operate with you about it. It would be great if the whole world would stop spinning and let you do your thing - but again, not possible. I think what would really make me feel good would be to weld my office door shut and leave my phone off the hook. If my Boss would agree to be tied up and locked in a closet for the duration that would be nice too. Last year she was kind enough to schedule elective surgery over my vacation and that eased my mind about leaving my office unsupervised and unprotected - she pokes around and that makes me crazy the only way I can protect my office from her poking is to never leave it. I doubt she would agree to more surgery this year just to make me feel better.

No comments: