Monday, June 26, 2006

Tick, tick, tick...

It has come to my attention that I am going on vacation. Leaving, going, Soon. Very, very soon. Like a matter of days. Okay, a matter of fourteen days!!. July 10 seemed so far away last March and now here it is only fourteen days away!!, If I had known in March when I picked dates out of a hat, I would have scheduled it say, two weeks later, after our federal overseers scheduled visit. But I didn’t know that then. I know that now. There was some chance they were going to come back in say October and I was very happy to hear that. Very happy. Relived even, but then they said “No. We think July.” during the first week that I am gone. Of course.

If I get extraordinarily lucky they will send ahead a list of what they want and I’ll, not some one else, will be able to find it/mark it/ pull it prior to leaving - but that will only be if I get lucky. I’ll start asking today where the list is.

Okay, work is stressing me. I should concentrate on home: I all ready made Doggers storage plans, I just spoke to the yard man, my moveable plants are go to Broskey and Alphagals - this time away from the deer! I’ve all ready done a lot of the packing of clothes and gathering of stuff. It is early but my stuff has to be ready to go before I am so I’ve been working on it. I’m also working on not bringing everything I own. This is hard. There are all this eventualities to try to keep in mind. I mean what happens if I do need those snow pants? I mean, and should I bring the sandals and the slip ones? And what about if I step in a creek and get my shoes get all wet? I’ll really need that second pair of sneakers then won’t I? And what about if it’s really hot? I’m going to want to change tee-shirts as to not offend and if so I’ll need to bring extra tee-shirts but what if it’s cold? I’ll need that bulky pair of flannel pjs and the other sweater. The weather changes fast up in the great lakes, you never know what’s going to happen weatherwise.


One minute you're on the beach, the next minute you're under the bed.

It’s a crap shoot - bring sweaters and it will be a non-air-conditioned humid as all hell 97 degrees for two weeks, bring only tee-shirts and its guaranteed to snow. You have to be prepared for anything so you have to bring everything. On one hand it makes it very easy to pack - if it’s in your closet, bring it! But on the other hand, it makes it a bitch to pack because you can’t bring everything and there is a better then average chance that half of what you brought with you won’t get worn.

I also have to get the animals packed up. Dogger is going to storage (note to self- see about second mortgage!) and won’t need a lot of prep work and then she’s onto Broskey and Alphagals -( note to self, food and toys and doggy tranqs? Do they make doggy downers?) Dogger can be (is!) a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Hmm. How mad would the dog park people be if I just say, left her there for two weeks? It would be cheaper than doggy storage and less stress for Broskey and Alphagal... The Kitty is going in the car - I must stock up on the one true cat food and I should look for his rabies tag (note to self, call vet and pick up copy of long lost form, then ask why they never faxed info to new vet...).

Two weeks. Fourteen days and counting.

No comments: