Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Whatev!

So. Did we all survive 6/6? Did we call forth the the beast?I didn’t do any beast calling myself. My beast doesn’t answer to her name so calling her is a bit of a time waste. I am assuming that no one else called to say they were picking it up but got caught in traffic and got held up and winded up pissing it off? Would a hell beast travel by car? Or is that way they started to make SUVs? It wouldn’t surprise me. So, from where I sit, I mean as far as I know, I may still have a train engine fall on me still, you know and according to some, the apocalypse could just happen in the middle of the day with out warning but what was it they say about that? That we shall know not the date or the time? That it’s just going to be a surprise? I don’t know where people get off trying to pencil that in. I would imagine that would seem a bit presumptuous myself, If I were the one making out the schedule or in charge of feeding the hell beast.

Any way.

What did happen yesterday? China unleashes power of Yangtze

“Chinese engineers Tuesday blew up a temporary barrier used during construction of the Three Gorges Dam, unleashing the full force of the Yangtze River upon the world's largest hydroelectric project..

And destroying vast areas and causing untold damage to the ecosystem as well

Also in China “An operation to remove a third arm from a two-month-old Chinese boy been hailed as a success.

Busy day for China.

What else?

After five years of a concerted White House campaign, there are tentative signs that Congress and the courts are beginning to push back against what has been the greatest expansion of presidential powers in a generation or more..
finally.

The story is straight ahead - the congress and the courts are getting a little cranky about being kept out of the loop. It’s understandable after five years of working under the Imperial Presidency, something has got to give.

A brief read through Pravda found the looking glass version:

In effect, Bush is asserting the same powers seized by Adolph Hitler in 1933. His Federalist Society apologists and Department of Justice appointees claim that President Bush has the same power to interpret the Constitution as the Supreme Court. An Alito Court is likely to agree with this false claim.".

Our old friend Pravda, still happily fighting the cold war. Remember the scare last week at the Rayburn building? Some workers dropped something and it startled some one near by and it got out of hand? It was a big zero. In Pravdaland it went like this. From the same article as the above quote:

”Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting that the ongoing constitutional crisis that has erupted in the United States has taken a decidedly deadly turn as counter-coup forces attempting to block access to the American capitol engaged in a brief gun battle with US Army Special Forces leaving at least 3 dead.”.

Also in Wacky Pravda? Vegetables give Pamela Anderson best orgasms ever . I imagine that Pam knows a lot more uses for vegetables then she lets on. So what else in wacky Pravdaland? A lot of crap mostly, but then I saw this and I started to fear for the Russian people: Russians trust only Putin and mass media . Imagine if Americans trusted only Bush and the mass media?

Oh, wait… Okay, I’m pretty scared for us too.

No comments: