Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back

So. I went on vacation. I had a great time. Super, even. I hardly worried about work at all. Okay, a little. A moderate amount. It turns out I should have never left. If I had been there, it would be different. I would have handled it. If I could go back to when I was scheduling my vacation, if I had arbitrarily picked the two weeks later just like I arbitrarily picked the dates two weeks earlier. I should have. God, my head hurts. But I would have missed that sunset! I would have missed out on so many things and people and joy. But. If I had missed those, I would also miss feeling like I do now.

I came back to an office that looked as though something had blown up in. I had met my boss as we were coming in and I asked her how things had gone, if there had been any major problems. “No”, she said “everything was quite”. Not quite. I walked into my office and no one had filed and there were charts stacked on top of the cabinets. Something very bad had happened here. My blood pressure started going up. But according to my boss, “everything was quite”.

My supervisor was straighter with me. It was bad. Very, very bad. She told me my boss told her on Friday that “things are going to change around here”, that “we’re going to get that room (my office) cleaned up! Things are going to be different” and “we’re going to reorganize peoples job duties around here.”. My supervisor also mentioned they were so upset that they wanted her to call me to ask me where it might be. I was 1200 miles away and not reachable by phone and my boss tells me “everything was quite”. I have a piles of stuff left to do and louds of bad energy floating around and I fear getting rid of those piles are going to be the easiest work I have to do.

It turns out they couldn’t find something. They looked and looked. They tore the room up. They thought very nasty thoughts about me. They talked a lot about me. My boss lied to my face when I asked her how everything went. I found the thing in question after I looked everywhere I thought they may not have looked. I looked where they should have all ready looked. It was there. When I announced I found it, I got bitched at because it was in the wrong place, that they had all looked where it was supposed to be and it wasn’t there. It was four inches from where it was supposed to be. I really hate my job. I really need my job.

So, later on today I get the whole story, the whole New Office Order. I get to find out how they plan on humiliating me. A trained chimp could do my job and I thought I was just the chimp to do it. I can’t even do a job a trained chimp could do. I fully expect to be treated like a trained chimp by the end of business. I’ve all ready sent out a couple of applications for other trained chimp positions with the state.

I had a wonderful vacation. I just wish I could have scheduled it for a couple of weeks later. Now I have to pray I don’t get sent on a permanent vacation. Did I mention my blood pressure is up? It is.

No comments: