Wednesday, July 12, 2006

From Vacationland

You know you are going to have a loooonnnnnggggg day when you are obediently, are outside with your bags waiting for your cab - so that you do not waste the cab drivers time with your petty bag gathering and door locking - and you notice that oddly, that the very important Mr. Cab Driver should be here now and then you look at the time and notice that by now not only should he all ready ahve arrived but that you should be in a cab heading for the airport but that oddly, you are still obediently sitting at your doorstep. I called the cab company and asked where my cab was. I was told he would be there in "two minutes". I said then he would be a total of 12 minutes late. My cab did get there, four minutes later and the first thing the man said to me was "Do you know how to get to the airport from here?". I huffed and made it clear to Mr. Driver that if I could get myself to the airport I would not be in need of his services.

He did finally get me to the airport.

Did you know that the Chicago airport is so fancy and so important that they have a McPucks? It's a take out version of Wolfgang Pucks'resterant - for those too fancy, hurried and important for more plebian take out.

No comments: