Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Fun

Have you ever caught a little boo-boo at work and said to yourself “This is not good! I am so glad I found this! I think I’ll just take care of this right now ? And you know how relived you were that you found this little boo-boo? You know how you feel when you are not the person who finds the boo-boo? Friday sucked.

So. I took a long weekend, super timing on my part, totally. Anyway. Instead of working on Monday like everyone else, I took off Monday and worked Tuesday. I am a rebel. Look at me rebel. I’ve worked lots of Forths. it’s not so bad if you are working days, the good stuff is all about later on anyway. So I went into work a little late, like 1:30 and imagine my surprise when no one else was there! It was a freaking Tuesday! Am I the only one with any kind of work ethic around there? I mean, dayum. I bet they all went into work on Monday, what sheep, you know?

I got a lot of work done for a short day. There wasn’t anything I could do about the little boo-boo, but I got a lot of other stuff done to make up for it. I did a good job getting a sizable amount of Monday done and a little bit of Tuesday. I was impressed with my efficiency, I’m not sure my boss is going to care. I’m hoping she had a great weekend herself and unlike me ( who if it wasn’t for freaking out about the mistake, I would have had a great weekend), did not spend most of her time obsessing about what a moron I am.

See, I wouldn’t even be thinking about on purpose working on a holiday if it wasn’t for the little boo-boo. I got busy with all this work I’ve been trying to do and I let a little request sit on the back burner a little to long and it pissed off this attorney and he decided to let us know how big his diploma is. He’s now asking for years and years worth of material and documents and He thinks he’s scaring us. He’s right. I’m scared. I’m about to go on vacation! I hate the idea of leaving a whole bunch of crap for my co-workers to do for me. I’m just hoping that we can make it go away. I don’t want to have to think about this the whole time I’m gone, I don’t want to spend anymore time feeling this bad.

I’m not going to go watch fire works. Last year I tried to go see fireworks and ended up with a knot on my knee the size of a pear - all not to see a ten minute fireworks display. Over the weekend I got to experience Mother Nature putting on a fireworks show and it lasted for hours! It was impressive enough to make me not really excited about seeing some man made booming and flashing. I’m kind of been there, done that. And besides, I’m still going to have a red white and blue forth - I’m seeing red because my hair is white and that is making me blue so I am going to dye it brown. Woo-Hoo.

No comments: