Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dribbles


Okay. I thought that staying at my desk for lunch would be a good way to play with the computer guilt free and a chance to just stop moving for a moment. I was wrong, that sign on my door saying AT LUNCH did not work like I had hoped. So far I have dealth with three emails, two phone calls and request. This is not going to work. I need to not be working now.

An update on the ailing Nephdog. He’s better and he’s responding to antibiotics. His doctors believe he may have developed a liver infection. He’s back at home now and doing better. Thank you for your thoughts.

What else? The Kitty is loving his new vet food and gaining weight. He no longer is looking to the Olsen twins as thinspiration. He is now looking closer at Lindsey Lohan as his social director - which worries me and caused me to take away his car keys. I do not need him banned from any more high end Hollywood dives. It’s hard enough as it is.

Dogger is happy, kind of itchy but she always is in the summer time. I am giving her baths more frequently and limiting her time in the yard. I should be limiting her time at the park, as it is not protected by any magical anti-flea and tick spell, but she really loves it there and I think its improving her world view. It is at least showing her that she is not the only dog in the world and maybe she can just suck it up sometimes – not every dog has her own room or her choice of beds! Not every dog gets s a cookie just for going into the crate! Not all dogs get to spend the majority of their time in the A/C with a lovely over head fan… Some dogs don’t get fed gravy food either! She is also learning that most dogs know their names and come when called, other dogs also run and fetch toys when asked, some dogs even know how to shake paws or roll over and play dead. Some dogs don’t actually come to the park so they can sit next to Mommy and get pet just like at home but outside in the heat with the mosquitoes.

Gah.

My other pet, my window unit is doing strange things. Or maybe it’s just acting like a window unit; I’ve never had one before. It doesn’t matter how its been set, it will blow so cold the kitty wakes up with icicles in his whiskers or it blows like a wind off the Sahara and its hotter then hell. Same unit, same setting two days apart. I don’t get it.

I may need to nudge the central A/C down a bit. I had it set about 78 for the animals while it was so hot, then the weather changed and it was so nice, I turned it off. I had to go back to it when I noticed both animals looked a little wilted. Poor babies. They suffer because I’m too cheap/poor to keep the house at a comfortable temperature. I could also point out to the animals that some dogs and cats live outside year round and they don’t get A/C of any sort at anytime. They’re my little babies though and I should take better care of them. At least they have water. My office has been without water twice in the last week. No water means no A/C.

Still hating my job. Still need to pay for the house and feed the animals. I did figure out where the Hallmark Channel went. It was a glitch at my end. I turned the whole thing off and when I cut it back on Hawkeye was waiting for me.

No comments: