Monday, August 21, 2006

I want that!

I was flipping through the channels the other night flip, flip, “Oh look! It’s hour six of a thirteen hour Bonanza -palooza..I tried HGTV, no joy. They were showing crap I didn’t want to watch. I hate that about them. They have a huge number of shows that I like to watch but when I have a lot of time to dedicate to watching them, they only show the two or three shows they have that I don’t care about. I mean, they could throw me a three year old Debbie Travis bone or something but no.

I went to bed in disgust before the really good stuff came on. At 1 am ,Pet Expo 2006!! AKA the most fun ever! was aired. An hour of all the crazy, over the top crap you didn’t know you needed for your pet. Two thirds of the show was dedicated to fancy bags to carry your stupid little dog in.

(RANT on Why doesn’t PETA ( those nut jobs) do anything about it? Treating an animal like it’s an animated Fendi bag is just wrong. It totally leads to the objectification the creature. I would think that PETA ( those nut jobs) would hate that whole It’s a dog! It’s an accessory! It’s a dog! It’s cool new bling! mind set. It just seems disrespectful to the animal as a living thing. But then PETA doesn’t care about animals or other living things. It cares about PETA. I wouldn’t hate them so much if I heard more about PETA spay and neuter programs or PETA raising finds for improving living conditions for animals at local human societies, or PETA sponsoring low cost or free vaccinations, but No. I only hear about PETA raising money for PETA. They are attention whores and do not help or particularly care about animals. I think that someday membership in PETA is going to be a recognized symptom or some form of acute narcissism. Assholes. RANT off.)

Okay.

Back to the fancy pet things I didn’t know I needed among the fancy silver plated dog bowls . I found one thing that I really, really do need and I am going to get, it would all ready be on the way to my house but it was out of stock. I hate that. I wish I wasn’t so cheap. I could have gotten it from Petsmart, but they wanted a lot of money for it. It’s not that I am too good for Petsmart, it is that Petsmart may be too good for me. I do not love my pet enough to spend $27 for a dog leash. Petsmart thinks I am a bad person. I physically can not spend $27 for a leash, even a really useful dog leash, not when it is available elsewhere for less.

I tried the maker Bamboo Pets, but they don’t let you buy from them. That sucks. So. I had to go further a feild. And fortunately, in that further field I found these folks Arcatapet who have the exact same thing for $12.95! Score! Happy Birthday To Me!! I was so excited. I pulled out my wallet and got ready for my first birthday gift of the year... Sadly, “Currently out of stock. Call or e-mail for availability info.”. Damn, why must other people have the same thoughts as me? I called for availability and got on a list. It’ll be like three weeks, but for the savings it’s worth it. With it, I can keep Dogger in one place in the car and do it safely, easily and cheaply. Yay!.

No comments: