Thursday, August 31, 2006

Joy in Pilland

The national weather service has issued a severe storm warning for many adjacent counties around Wake County until 10 PM. Severe weather is now in the Conway SC area moving @ 15 MPH toward NC. Please use your weather radio, television if available, or internet to see if your home area may be affected. Heavy rainfall is expected around the US 1 corridor from the Sandhills area.

OMG Ya’ll it’s gonna rain! Everbody panic!!111!! I don’t even know where “the Sandhills” is and I’m pretty sure that Conway, SC isn’t even in North Carolina.

One of my Birthday gifts this week was that I finally was able to score a refill for Kitty’s pred. I have been trying for the past week and have had no luck. I called the vet I n Marquette, who was thrilled beyond belief that I called – you would think we were long lost family members - anyway. She said she would refill Kittys' scrip.


I said- fabulous!
She said – “come by the office anytime!”
I said – I’m calling from North Carolina

This certainly complicated matters. She asked for the number to my pharmacy. I asked myself about the number to my pharmacy. I tried to look it up in the yellow pages but there wasn’t anything listed under “Diana’s’ Pharmacy”. I figured out which grocery was mine and I gave her the number. I also gave her my vet’s number in the hopes she would fax them Kitty’s records and we could all be on the same page. She promised to call about Kitty’s pred and we hung up.

I wasn’t too worried. I had three days of pred left and I felt confident that I would have my refill well before I ran out.

Right.

I called my pharmacy the next day and they didn’t have anything under Kitty’s name. They do now. I called my vet, and they said “no problem”. I said I’ll be in to pick it up! We were all happy. I called before I went.

They said had put the paperwork on the Docs desk and she hadn’t seen it yet.
I said I need the pred.
They said they would put it on the other Doctors desk.
I said I’m coming by at lunch.

It wasn’t ready yet. But they would give me Dogger new anti-worm pills sight unseen. Yay.

I gave the vet office the doc in Marquette’s’ name rank and cell number. They said they would call. I said call now . I went back to work.

I called the vet. I called the vet. I called the vet. Nothing, Nada, Not Yet.
I out of pred and The Kitty is not ready to “step down”. Not by a long shot.

Finally, I got the pills. I only had to email the vet in Marquette once, call her long distance, five calls to my vet here. Three trips to my pharmacy and three to my vet’s office.

For a month of 5mg a day prednisone for my cat.

No comments: