Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Logging

Because keeping track of my activities has become close to second nature to me now I thought I would share how I spent my lunch hour.

-Went to the bank and ordered new checks (11:35)
-Went by a post box and mailed two more applications (Yay me!)
-Went to Burger Yucky for kiddie meal
-Went to a drug store to get drink large enough to make it through the afternoon
-Went back to office.(12:00)

I was going to stay out in the car and read my book but I decided to put my AT LUNCH sign on my door and surf in peace for a while.

Adding to the “Activity Log” theme or meme since I am blogging and isn’t blogging all about memes? Or was that last year? Was last year the "Year of the Meme”? I don’t know. I don’t keep track and I’ve let my subscription to Bloggers Quarter Hourly lapse.

Anyway. I came home from work (4:30) and decided to keep my appointment with the Red Cross. I knew there was no chance in hell of me actually giving blood today or this week or even most likely this month, I thought I would give it a chance. Also, the waiting room is very air conditioned and house is not.

I also was keeping in mind that sometimes you can draw a phlebotomist (pun!) Who has a life goal to draw blood from a stone and who would green light The Bride of Frankenstein to donate as long as she answered “no” to the HIV question and lied about spending more than five years Europe during the eighties Sadly, even Lindsey Lohan has standards, low as they might be and so did my Phlebotomist. I hate a health care worker who maintains professional standards.

It was a no go. I was not shocked. Since I’ve been back from vacation I’ve been on the High Stress/Low No protein diet. I had some idea that Popsicle's and soft drinks weren’t really iron rich choices but I had no idea they actually act as leaches! My blood sample didn’t even do the dog paddle in the solution, it just hung there like a dead gold fish. Imagine. The good news is that after ingesting many boxes of Popsicles I have developed a vitamin C level in my blood high enough to kill the Bird Flu. If I could, I would make my blood available in pill form for pirates to knock out scurvy Go Me.

What else.

Dogger and I went to the park again. I almost didn’t. Monday night was really slow there and I had to keep reminding myself that sitting in the park by myself getting eaten by mosquitoes was better then walking around the neighborhood by myself getting eaten by mosquitoes. Or at least it was cooler than walking around the neighborhood getting eaten by mosquitoes. Dogger was even kind of bored.

Tuesday night was better though. The regulars were back and Dogger got to play chase and run after the other dogs. I got to visit with other real live people! Dogger did an excellent admirable job of limiting her wrestling matches to force humping dogs of only half her weight and then she even stopped that when I asked her to (asked, ordered, pulled her off - tomato tomatoh) to my great relief she totally ignored the herd of pugs that must have fallen out of the sky as they appeared out of nowhere. One minute the park was full of mid sized red dogs and Dogger and the next minute it was like the park had walked into a cloud of pugs. Pretty much like walking into a cloud of gnats only yappier and more likely to get stuck in your hair and between your dogs teeth.

The Pugs could have been so much fun for big dogs to play with. To them a herd of pugs could be like a fleet of battery operated squeak toys, like mutton from heaven, a chew toys that could chew back.You could see the big dogs licking their lips in anticipation of thinning the herd. "From the pricking of their gums something yappy this way comes.

No comments: