Friday, August 18, 2006

Stuff

You know what I am noticing? There are a lot more red popsicles out there then there are orange ones. The red popsicles really, really out number the orange ones. Everytime I reach into the box, there is another red one and I have to digg for an orange, again. And it is not because I have eaten more of the orange 'sicles, I can open a new box and still have to hunt for them. You reach into a box of popsicles, and you are going to pull out a red one. It's not fair.

Who decided that the popsicle eating public likes red popsicles more than they like orange popsicles? And that doesn't even take in to account the freaks that like the purple ones. I am a simple woman, I have simple needs, I need there to be more orange popsicles in the popsicles! They claim it's all even, but I know better. There is no way there are an even division of red/grape/orange popsicles in those boxes. They are weighted for the red ones.

It doesn't matter what brand of red/orange/purple popsicles you buy or even what off brand r/o/p popsicles you get and don't try to get around it with the sugar free popsicles either, it's the same with them too. There are a lot more of the red ones than the orange. I like the orange popsicles better than the red ones and I am annoyed. Red is so plebeian, so common so blah. Everything falls under the red umbrella: Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry, name a berry and it's gone into a red popsicle. They all taste like Kool Aid.

Now, orange. Orange tastes like Orange, there aren't any alternates, if it is orange, it isn't going to be a multiple choice question, it's not going to be maybe peach, maybe tangerine, maybe grapefruit - if it's an orange popsicle it's going to taste like an orange popsicle! it is going to taste orange!. I mean, sometimes you will find fancy popsicles and they call their orange popsicles tangerine but really, who are they kidding? an orange popsicle is an orange popsicle! I mean you can charge people $3.99 for a box of fancy red/purple/orange popsicles but even if it comes with van cherry, "cabernet franc" grape, and Sanguinello orange as the flavors... The orange popsicle is still going to taste "orange".

To change the subject.

The Kitty has lost weight. A lot of weight. I didn't really notice until I ran across a picture I took around Christmas. Kitty was chunky. Now, he's all thin and svelte and pretty. But damn, he lost a lot of weight. I only wish it was planned. I mean there's nothing like losing a truck load of excess chunk-age, its another to just lose a truck load of chunk-age.

No comments: