Tuesday, August 1, 2006

When Kitty Comes Marching Home Again…

I need to bath Dogger. I needed to bath Dogger last week. I didn’t. I just wasn’t in to it; “It”, not being limited to just the soap and water aspect but the gathering of the towels, the empting of the bathroom of all things that do not need wet dog as an additive , the gathering and laundering of her bedding, the finding of replacement bedding, the gathering and laundering her wet towels and the whole remembering to put the whole mess in the dryer and then remembering that the whole mess is still in the dryer the next day… it makes me tired just thinking about it, all those trips up and down the basement steps…

She smelled last week. The kind of doggy smell that soaks into your furniture and is so overwhelming that if you are around it enough you don’t notice it – like cigarette smoke but with out the carcinogenic aspects but slightly more embarrassing to greet guests with, it says “Hi! I’m lazy!” it just says “dirty house”. My house is all ready quite visibly dirty so I don’t need the smell-o-vision to illustrate it to visitors. although if I were to entertain a blind person they might appreciate my efforts to share the experience with them - but there it is. I would clean the house but I can’t do that until after I bath the dog and lose the dirty dog smell. The whole idea makes me tired.

Any activity more complicated than finding the remote makes me tired. I did take Dogger for a walk over the weekend and that made me feel like less of a slug. It just means I left a lovely, glittery trail behind me.

I did make progress on getting the house ready for The Kitty to come home. I soaked his box and left it out in the sun to hopefully bake the bad, nasty impurities out of it. Poor Kitty. He’s all sick again and back on drugs and expensive vet food – which of course is making him sick again. He can eat one brand of cat food and one brand of cat food only. Everything else no matter how expensive it is going to make him sick.

Baby kitty has a very delicate system and it is better not to mess with it. He can have the One True Cat Food and the One True Cat Food only. True, the One True Cat Food has no nutritional value whatsoever and seems to have more along the lines of malnutritional values when you really get down to it - even I can tell he’s a couple of flies away from catching Angelina Jolies’ attention – but eating TOTCF he’s not acutely sick! He can go about his business with out waking anyone up in the middle of the night, and I do not have to sleep with air freshener under my pillow!

I am starting to think that the extreme weight loss works for him! Sure, he’s very, very… okay he’s painfullythin, but I’m getting used to it. That’s right, his lower GI health issues are all about my sense of cat weight aesthetics – as long as I am still okay with how he looks and he’s not waking me up in the middle of the night, he must be okay!

Shut Up. He and I have all ready clocked more time in various doctors offices over the past couple of years then I have since I aged out of my pediatrician.

No comments: