Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The best laid plans

I had a plan for lunch. I went as far as to plan my plan in advance. I even was prepared and did homework in advance.

The plan was that I was going to go to the post office, which is next door to the dollar store where I needed to get dollar store cat food for the feral cat at the office ( it’s my turn) which is next door to my favorite Chinese place, for Diana food ( it’s always my turn). It was a very efficient plan.

At the post office, according to my plan, I was going to buy a couple of those tarted up mailing envelopes and mail a couple of baby gifts to a couple of couples I know who are going to have a couple of babies who need baby clothes. They are providing the babies and I am providing the cute little baby clothing for them - or a least a couple of cute outfits that they will only fit for a very small window of time and I would really like for the cute things to arrive while the windows are still open.

To accomplish this, the cute little outfits need to be mailed now. One of the babies is very definitely going to arrive on Friday and while naked is cute for a while, they live in a cold climate and naked is not warm. Needless to say, the cute little outfit is as warm as it is cute ( cute and warm! I am such a good shopper!). But it has to go out before the baby grows out of it. Cute or not, if it doesn’t fit it, it wasn’t marketed as doll clothes. That was not my plan.

Baby 2 isn’t due for , according to his Mothers site, approximately 70 days. But I want it in the mail now. It’s my plan. To get it in the mail, the post office has to have the tarted up mailing envelope things. I could wrap them but the tarted up mailing envelopes are allegedly a time saver. Again, my plan.

The tarted up mailing envelops are only a time saver if they are sold at the post office next to the dollar store next to the Chinese place. Plan City.

Needless to say that post office doesn’t carry those tarted up mailing envelops. They carry the untarted up mailing envelopes and I wanted the tarted up variety. And, to mess up my plan even more, they do not sell them at the dollar store next door to the Chinese place.

My next thought was that I could go to the post office down the street from my house, not to be confused with my official post office that is not in any way down the street from my house. But, I would need to do this after work and after work is when Dogger fills her wading pool and I want to avoid that. I only want to do my laundry. Thus far this week I’ve done more laundry for my pets then I have for myself and that is not a precedent I want to set around here. Do you know how much bedding a dog can soak if given enough time to soak it? Or what a cat with lower GI issues can do to an innocent pillow sham?

So, back to my plan, I did get the cat food, I fed myself and the cute little outfits came home with me. Tomorrow’s plan is to go to the post office down from my house and mail the cute little outfits and while I am so near my house, empty out Dogger before she starts doing the dog paddle around her crate.

No comments: