Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not Domestic

I finally tracked down the source of the dog pee smell. The Dog. My first thought was that I could perhaps come home during lunch and do it. How long can it take to bath a dog? I mean, it’s not like she needs to soak in bleach or anything. She doesn’t need to be sterile, she just needs to not smell like pee.

I came up with the maybe “come home during lunch and wash the dog” idea because I knew I was going to be tardy coming home, we had a baby shower after work today. I don’t know the mother and as it turns out she can’t pick me out of a crowd either ( “Okay, this one is from Diana”, “Who?”) .

Anyway.

I didn't come home at lunch.I cut out as soon as I could post shower and was pleasantly surprised when I did get home that the princess of pee managed to hold it the whole time I was gone. I had thought about coming home at lunch and putting her out and doing the little chores I would do if I wasn’t tardy getting home. I changed my mind. It was really cold in the office and by lunch time my desire to be warm out weighed my desire was to be efficient. I went to McDonald's and sat outside and was not cold. It was nice. I didn’t realize how cold I was until I was so happy to be warm, I didn’t want to get out of my car at McDonald's because I didn’t want to spend more time in an over air conditioned space. It was so much nicer in my hot car than in my cold office

I would have gone home to bath the dog though. I could have done it. I mean, it would have been tight. I would have to race home, change clothes really fast , gather the towels, which I should have done before I left for work, but you know, gathered the shampoo stuff, leashed the dog and bathed her, which I can do fast, dried her.. But that leaves out the laundering of her bedding and replacing the bedding , dealing with the wet towels. After all that I would still have to change my clothes and get back to work.

I don’t think it would work.

There is just so much that I need to do when I get home and I still would like to you know, sit down at some point . I thought I could save some time. I also don’t want to do anything that is going to have an impact on the clean house or the nice clean floors therein. Bathing the dog causes a major impact. I’ve all ready noticed that the house isn’t as clean as it was Sunday. There are little “things” all over. The kitchen floor is all ready looking less than perfect, the magazines are piling up in the living room and the carpet is not what it was. I just did all that stuff, I don’t want to do it again! Why don’t they make some sort of big giant baggie thing you can wrap your house in to keep it from getting dirty right after you finish cleaning it? In my world, I clean the house and that’s it, Cleaning Activity done, I’m not even home all that much. I think the house produces mess just because it can.

No comments: