Thursday, September 14, 2006

Slugs

The other day after Dogger turned her box into a kiddy pool; I took everything out and laundered her bedding. I also removed the carpet remnant that acts as a liner in the bottom of the box. I then replaced the bedding with the emergency back up bedding that is standing by just for instances such as this, not to be confused with her other bedding the one to wear and one to wash bedding. Dogger really has too many things. The wet bedding was easy, put it in the machine, add detergent and try to remember to put it in the dryer at some point, hopefully the point being sooner rather than later. That left the carper remnant.

I was very good. I removed it from the box and took it outside. I was a little befuddled at that point, okay; I got it outside, now what? What do you do with a pee drenched carpet remnant once you have taken it outside? In my case I aimed the hose at it and soaked it in what I had hoped was a pee dispersing way and left it out draped over the glider to dry.

Fine. It dried.

I took it back in doors Wednesday morning because they were saying rain and I thought that maybe I didn’t want it getting rained on, not to mention slugged on. I hate slugs and the last thing I want is to come face to face with a slug while taking the now dry carpet inside. So.

Fine. It got inside. Slug free.

I came home at lunch after finally, successfully scoring tarted up mailing envelops at my post office. I told the clerk that this was the second time I had tried to mail these and how I was thwarted at the previous post office. The clerk said they sell them in all the post offices. I said I knew this, but the other post office only had the normal ones on display. I shared with her what I was mailing and she said “Are the baby’s going to see them?” and I said no, the older one is due on Friday and I think that her vision won’t be strong enough yet to see the tarted up envelope and the other baby isn’t due for a while yet and he’s a buy and probably wouldn’t care much about the cute bears on the envelope anyway. Which is good, because I though the bears were kind of little girly myself and they didn’t sell more boy-y tarted up envelopes. I looked. I then had to admit to the clerk that I would have gone with the cheaper, plainer envelopes but then I would have felt obligated to wrap the gifts and I didn’t want to. The tarted up envelops were allegedly the easy way out.

Fine. Mission accomplished.

Okay. I went home after the post office and when I opened the door I was assaulted by the odor of several day old pee. Soaking the carpet remnant in water and leaving it to dry in the sun was not an adequate solution to the urine issue. Gawd it was awful. I immediately removed the wretched thing to the drive way. The entry way still smelled like several day old dog pee. But this time? My house didn’t! Yea! For stepping down the pred! When I went and rescued Dogger from her crate it was still dry but she was clearly crossing her legs.

I took her outside and she joyfully relieved herself. Twice . This was the same dog I took out three times this morning before I left the house for work; she is hating being box bound though. I come into the room and she’s sitting in there with her back to the door. Poor Dogger.

Kitty is also not happy. He has spent the last couple of days being really lethargic. I wouldn’t mind the lethargy if he was rousing himself to eat, but he’s doing very little of that. Tuesday was a very bad day for him, both not eating and too much sleeping and too much lower GI activity ( I won’t go into specifics, you don’t want to know) He had gotten a little more animated by the time I came home but he was still kind of out of it. I called the vet today about Doggers flooding issues and Kitty’s’ issue issues and I am waiting to hear back while hoping she isn’t going to ask for either of them to come to the office.

No comments: