Tuesday, September 5, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Sunday


Monday


One day its Labor Day Weekend and every-ones on the beach and its summertime and the next day it's Merry Labor Day! and the snowmen are armed


And if 'tis the season to arm snowmen, it must be time to trim the old deer blind as well


Okay, changing the topic. Okay, local Raleigh people. What is (was) this building? I see this every time I go down to see my parents and every time I say either say "I wish my camera was handy!" or "Damn! I wish I had slowed down in time" and ultimately, "I hope it doesn't fall down". Well.


(front)

(collapsed end)

(standing end front view)

(head on)

It is located 27 miles due east of Raleigh near Buffalo Road, this is it's address


Was it a warehouse? the windows seem awfully grand. Was it a train depot? no tracks. Was it a concert hall? was it a tobacco barn? I don't think it's the right shape, they look different. I really wish I had gotten to it before it started to fall down, I would have done a more through job of investigating the site but I feared snakes and rusty nails and the very real chance that it might give up the ghost at anytime. I'm curious about the building but I am not that curious about it.

No comments: