Friday, September 1, 2006

Wheeeee!

One night last week, having no life and nothing else to do I went through my catalogue of catalogues and decided what kind of junk mail I wanted to find in my entry way for the next year.

The catalogue had the really sweet Idea that I would pay them for the privilege of having all these free catalogs delivered to my house. I patted it on the head and went to my computer. The vast majority of the catalogues I had marked in the catalogue were available online and almost all of them were more than happy to let me sign up for their products. Some were easier to navigate then others.

Urban Outfitters has a really kewl site. I mean, wow. So clever, so graphically designed. So damn hard to navigate and so much harder to get sent to my house. I mean, a real bummer. How was I a denizen of an urban environment outfit my self if I can't get their catalogue? I mean what am I to do? I might end up outfitted for suburbia! and then what? Barn Jackets?. They don't care. I took a look at their clothes, and it looks like the wardrobe trailer from Bosom Buddies . People can tell you that Long sweaters and leggings are on the way back, but until you see it for yourself? Maybe I shouldn't have tried so hard to get on their mailing list.

Anyway. The first of my dozen or so new best friends arrived today. Ornaments to Remember! I love Christmas ornaments. I want all of them. I want themes! I want tiny little glass versions of everything. Did you know you can get tiny, little glass shaved ices? Haven't you always wanted a tiny, little glass shaved ice? Does it make it better if you could hang it on your tree? And if shaved ice isn't your thing? How about chocholate truffles? Or if you aren't into candy, how about some nice Tomi Mache Sushi . Isn't that what has been missing from your Christmas decor?

You could spend a good half hour, forty-five minutes going through their catalogue. I mean, every other page had something you might think you could use on your tree. Something to remember the day when you finally found a bikini that didn't make you hate yourself? It was a special day.

It doesn't matter what you want to hang on your tree, they have it. They have it and they will let you have it for you know, $40. But, for a mere $12 you too could have an octapus! Or if you can't afford that, $3 will get you a horned melon. Nothing says "Birth of our Savior" like squid and I don't know what says "Christmas" like hanging a horned melon on your tree.

No comments: