Friday, October 27, 2006

Doh!

After consulted my fashion adviser AKA Alphagal about LRRH accessories, I made tracks to Wallyworld to do a little shoe shopping. I was following up on her suggestion that maryjanes would be an advisable shoe choice for the costume - and she was right, in my "research" I saw many LRRH images and in almost all of them the character was portrayed as wearing maryjanes.

So I went shopping. I pulled into Wallworld and headed to the shoe department and lo and behold actually found maryjanes! Woo-Hoo, not in my size and as it turned out they were children's shoes, but still. maryjanes in the hizzahouse! I soldiered on and found actual adult sized maryjanes! Still not my size, Damn. So I wandered around some more thinking I could find something close in my size. No, that was not to be. I did get to over hear some woman whining loudly and repeatedly in a very annoying tone (she totally had the voice and inflection of a two year old who needed a nap) about wanting to find snow boots and a random guy addressing her from several isles over "It ain't even gonna snow for months if it does at all, you won't find them now anyways". She shut up.

Okay, so I looked around Wallyworld some more. I found some tights. I put the tights down somewhere and lost them. I found some more tights. I also went to the Halloween section to see if they might have a rubber wolf mask, because I could wear that and achieve actual scariness while not having to over think hair and make up. Sadly, no rubber wolf masks or much of anything at all.

I went back to the shoe department and found the wrong sized shoes again and decided I wasn't going to be wearing them for long anyway and I got ready to leave, I was now running late. I was almost up to the check out when I remembered - I all ready have a pair of maryjanes and they fit! And all my wandering around was for not and I was now really late. Damn it.

No comments: