Monday, October 9, 2006

The Floral Curtain

You remember how I was saying last spring “My backyard is so ugly and I hate that my nice neighbors have to look at it I am so embarrassed by its grossness, whatever shall l do?” and then I had the idea that since my Rethuglican representatives in Washington were not going to earmark millions of dollars for the upkeep of my ugly yard - did you know they didn’t even ask if I needed them to put an earmarks in the budget? And they call themselves my representatives? And it’s not like I would even need millions, a couple of hounded thou would be totally sufficient. Mere pennies to those Washington people; and they wonder why there is such a widespread anti-incumbent sentiments going on. If they would just ask their constituents what they want...

You do realize that all of them are now going to include in all their speeches “I am not a pedophile”. My how the mighty have fallen, from only have to say “I support the troops and the war and the President” to get elected they are now going to have to say “I have never had an unappropriated relationships with a 15 year old boy or boys” are there girl pages? I would be interested to know if anyone has messed with them as well.

Okay, tangent over. I was worried about how the yard looked and I went out and got some morning glories. I planted them, did a little bit of fertilizing and then just kind of left them there. I know, I’m a bad plant Mom. I suck.

Anyway. Time passed. I saw a few blooms and I didn’t a little bit of vine training.

Well. Time certainly marched on. I forgot the vines were even there. I don’t go into the yard, the blinds were always down in the one room that overlooks the back yard and I spend most of my time upstairs.

Look at what being a negligent plant Mommy did.





Aren’t they pretty? Doesn’t it camouflage the ugly yard?! I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t even know they weren’t all the same variety of morning glory. One is as I had thought, the first one to bloom. I had actually thought they were going to come in with blue blooms but I guess the soil was working against me on that and instead they came in white. I like white flowers, so that was okay. I’m just shocked there are so many of them.

Next spring I’m going to plant in different parts of the fence so I can have more complete coverage, maybe with different colors or types of blooms maybe I can go all out and plant them all along the fence line; can morning glories climb plain wooden fences or would I have to do something special? It would be nice to be able to see the blooms myself, the neighbors aren’t the only ones who need something to -camouflage the ugly back there.

No comments: