Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Raindrops keep falling…

So I’ve been sitting here all day listening to the rain plinking on the gigantic cooler thing outside my window, trying not to think what eight hours of rain plinking on my roof at home. My mums are happy, I am not.

I am now trying to decide if I would rather take Dogger on a walk in the plinking rain or stand around in the park in the plinking rain. Either way there is no avoiding the plinking rain. Dogger would enjoy either version. Dogger doesn’t mind being out in plinking rain, she does however not enjoy rain falling harder than plinking. I think its come down to rain she can feel verses rain she can see. If she knows she’s being rained on she is less excited about being out in it. If she just happens to get a little damp while she’s outside, she’s fine with that.

I tried to get creative with the one remaining pill she is still getting. It’s some sort of oil pill, it’s for her dry skin. Anyway. The pill bottle suggests that if I did not want to shove the pill down her throat, I could puncture the pill and add it to her food. I decided that shoving it down her throat was too old school. I decided to change things up and add it to her food. Have you ever tried to puncture on of those gel filled pills? You can’t cut them your finger nails, knives, finger nail clippers or a bent paperclip. Do you know what does rupture them? Squeezing ruptures them. Do you know where they rupture to when you squeeze them? Right up your sleeve! And is the gel sticky and nasty? Yes, yes it is. Does the sticky gel up your sleeve help your dog’s dry skin condition? No, no it does not. Is having sticky gel on your person almost better then what ends up on your hand after putting your hand down your dogs’ throat? It’s a toss up. The sticky gel is hard to get off once it’s on, but the sticky dog slobber is grosser but marginally easier to get off your hands once it’s on.

Tonight I’m going to just put the pill in her food and see if she eats it with out my assistance.

Plink, Plink.

Maybe Dogger doesn’t need a walk. Maybe I can just put her in the yard and hope she does whatever it is she needs to do.

Plink, Plink.

No. She won’t. She’ll go out there and eat grass and throw up and go hide under the shrubbery but she won’t do anything else. She really likes to have an audience for everything else. I think she needs to be on a leash to feel properly motivated to “do” anything else. I think she likes having an audience. I wish I knew someone who likes to watch. Do you think I could go on Craigslist or something and find some poor slub with a doggy fetish and have them walk her around the front yard in the rain?

Plink, Plink.

No comments: