Friday, October 13, 2006

Title

Today I am indulging myself in a little photoblogging. Yes, I know it makes the page load slower, it always loads slowly so this will not be a new thing. I’m willing to put up with Bloggers sorry ass image loading, you can put up with my sorry ass images.

I had the camera in the car the other night because I was going to take the camera to work the next day and I thought that maybe I might take Doggers picture at the park, you know playing with the other dogs and being all photogenic. It got dark before she worked her way up photogenically cavorting with the other dogs, so the camera was just sitting there.

After the park I went to Arby’s because I actually remembered to put the coupons in my purse when they arrived instead of letting them sit on the floor for weeks until I decided I wanted to go eat at Arbys. You can’t eat at Arbys without using a coupon, the help will laugh at you – really, I went in there one time without a coupon and the cashier giggled at me! And without coupons the food is really too expensive.

Anyway, as I was approaching the Arby’s I saw this guy parked in the neighboring gas station parking lot



I’ve seen this guy or another guy like him there before but I’ve never had my camera with me. I would have rathered run across him or the other guy like him during daylight when I could have gotten better pictures, but, if wishes were horses…I was there, he was there and my camera was riding shotgun.

He said he was from Virginia Beach and the toys were from Disneyland. Well, whatever, they didn’t look like really nice stuffed animals but I’ve never been to Disneyland so I don’t know the relative quality of the toys they sell there. Does Disneyland have a midway?? They looked like midway toys. We talked toys for a while, I told him I was looking for a replacement “baby” for my cat and he told me how he had a white tiger until the other day. He left it with a friend to watch and somebody stole it. He said he cried like a little baby when he found out. He did not look like either Siegfried or Roy.

I didn’t buy any toys from him but I told him he and his stuffed toy covered car looked really cool from the street. He didn’t know that, I told him to go across the street and look at his car with all the toys on it with the gas station in the background.

Okay. Next pictures. I still had the camera in the car when I went back to the Farmers Market at lunch to find a pumpkin. When I was mum shopping the other day I thought it was really pretty with all the mums and pumpkins all around, but I didn’t have my camera. I’m really going to have to think about just having it in the car all the time or something. You never know what you’re going to see when you are driving around. I saw
This for example:



How often do you see that kind of thing and then if you do see it, how often do you have your camera with you to record it for posterity?

Okay. Back to the Farmers Market.









I was there for pumpkins and they had pumpkins. Lots of pumpkins.

And I found one!

I had decided I wanted a tall, thin pumpkin this year and lo and behold I found one.



I could have gotten this guy



But I didn’t think I could get it home.

And away my pumpkin and I went.

No comments: