Thursday, December 7, 2006

Decorating

I got a new Christmas mug today! Yay!

I had two I now have three, there is till time remaining before the holiday and there are a lot of dollar mugs out there! I want five Christmas mugs so I can spend the week before Christmas drinking my morning tea out of Christmas mugs.

I own my geekness.

With the holiday approaching, I am thinking I’m going to pull my tree out of the attic soon. I'm going to hope for sooner rather than later but it kind of depends – with the new job I’m more tired when I come home every day and I’m less wanting to drag a tree box down the stairs and then set up said tree.

There is a staff meeting today and if it lasts too long it’ll get dark and Dogger won’t get to go to the park and if that happens, I might have the free time to do things like dragging the tree box down the stairs. In theory I should be able to do that even if Dogger spent three hours at the park because all getting the tree box down entails is walking it out of the attic and dragging it down the stairs. It’s not rocket science or heavy lifting or a big investment of time.

But if I do bring it down I will also have to bring everything down and I’m not sure I am ready for everything. Its one thing to shop for Christmas it is another thing all together to decorate for Christmas and I love to decorate. I just don’t love to start decorating. It’s also still to warm, or it was too warm, it is now at least at night suitably cool enough for such things but I just haven’t felt like starting. I do think I need to get more lights up outside and so that is a concern and once I start really looking for the lights, I’m going to run across other things and the next thing you know… It just seems like an awful lot of work when I’m thinking about it, its fun once I start but before I start I don’t want to think about it.

What else?

What I should really do this evening is bath Dogger. Its s toss up, the muss and bother of Dogger bathing or two hours of Bones. I really like Bones, which I could watch with Dogger and get in some nice quality time with her, and I really so do not like the whole process of Dogger bathing, time which falls into “quantity time” verses “quality time”.

She smells though and I like that even less. If I was smart I would just bath her as I walk in the door after the meeting. I would strip her bedding, throw her outside to do her thing and get the tub ready for her. That would be the smart thing. Just do it and get it over with, like ripping a band aid off. Do it, get it over with and move on. (edited to add - Whoops. You know? they invented "pre-moistened dog bathing cloths" for nothing you know...)

But. Bathing Dogger also means doing the attendant laundry of her towels and bedding and vacuuming her room and just doing all this work. This time of year Dagger also needs to be blow dried in addition to being toweled off and I always have to remember to brush her teeth too.

Thank gawd she’s not a long haired dog, it would be even worse, she doesn’t even have that much fur but what there is of it, needs TLC in the winter time, poor little furry dry skinned baby.

No comments: