Friday, December 8, 2006

TGIF

Well, Children it’s almost the weekend again. I didn’t give Digger a bath, but it is totally on my To-Do list for the weekend, along with getting the tree up and lit and putting the finishing touches on my outdoor lighting. I went to Wallyworld and ended up with another set of lights for outside. It wasn’t on purpose, it just happened. They were cheap and they were there and I was helpless in the face of New Lights. I can’t help myself, it’s a sickness.

My new lights and I are going to have a busy weekend. I have all the chores I was planning to do over the last five days to get done over the two day weekend. It would be much easier to be useful during the week if it would stay lighter longer! It’s dark by 5:30 and darkness does not make me want to work, darkness makes we want to put my jammies on and curl up in front of the TV – If it was getting dark at a more responsible hour I wouldn’t be jammie bound at 6pm. It’s not right.

Over the summer with its more reasonable darkness/lightness schedule I get a lot more done! There are many times that Dogger gets both a walk and time at the park, poor Dogger just barely gets any time at the park, lets not even talk about the no walks she has gotten lately. Poor sad Dogger.

The park is kind of sad right now it self. They turned off the water to the bathrooms and now there is no way to get water for the dogs. We have to bring it in ourselves. I don’t love this. Water is heavy and not easy to transport and I feel like I should because Dogger drinks like a fish while she’s there. On my ever lengthening weekend To-Do list is to fill some jugs to take up there...

It may be a moot point to take water to the park, it’s going to get really cold over the weekend and there may be no dogs at the park to drink the water and what water is there is going to freeze. Perhaps I will take off the water on my list.

What else.

I will absolutely get my tree downstairs and put together. I know I said I was going to get the lights on it but we’ll see how motivated I am. I’m pretty sure that the lights will go on it because a n unlit tree is a dark tree and I’m not a big fan of dark trees and I think that the looming mass of a the dark tree will cause me to get the job done. Also, the lit trees are a major part of my outdoor decorating scheme and I want my house to be the prettiest one on the street.

It’s going to be hard. This year there are several houses with lights up outside , they are using white lights, which still gets credit for being lights but not quite as celebratory as colored lights. On the upside, there are blinking lights, so yay for my street... I would like to think my yearly holiday extravaganza was a setting a good example for the rest of the neighborhood. By next year I’m hoping they will have all graduated to colored lights and air blown Santas or flocks of 48" penguins.

No comments: