Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Bitterness

Damn federal employees. You know they planned Fords funeral so they could score a four day weekend. As one of my fellow state employees’ said “We should have all had the day off, he was our president too”. Yeah, all those federal people are either standing out in the cold dancing attendance at the funeral (s) or dutifully spending their day off sitting at home in front of the TV. What really sucks is the not really technically federal employees’ our good friends the postal service also scored the day off as well.

It’s their backs Wednesday when they have two extra days of mail to carry around. I finally have both my Netflix movies ready to go on the same day and now I’m going to have to wait to get my new ones. A body shouldn’t be asked to wait for their Greg the Bunny DVDs. It’s not right.

But, it’s okay. TV is slowly coming back from their Christmas hiatus just in time for the US Postal Services to screw up my Netflix. It’s all right; I can watch real TV instead. I could also use the time to start putting away my Christmas decorations, but I think I’ll be a good girl and wait until Epiphany to start that. I all ready jumped the liturgical gun by boxing up my snow globe and bringing in but not tearing down my penguin. I’m not ready to see him like that. The lights will stay up until the bitter end and I may keep the tree up for a while too. It’s pretty.

I mean, you look at your room with the tree all twinkly and pretty and think “How did I live without this? And why would I want to? It’s so pretty”, and so much better than what you usually see out that window, but then a few weeks later and it’s kind of a bit of a dust catcher and a while after that it’s kind of a reminder of times gone by and it’s starting to be a little “last year” and you finally have to take it down. It’s a lot more fun to put it up than to take it down because when you put up the tree everything is in it’s little box and you aren’t playing hide and seek with packing materials and whatnot. I put the tree up and decorate the house in a day; it can take me a week to completely take everything down. It just isn’t very festive. I mean, what is there to look forward to? January white sales? Woo-Hoo.

I didn’t even see any first run movies over the holidays. I kind of forgot that Dreamgirls was opening so soon or I would have made some sort of effort to see it. It’s supposed to be really good and it’s all ready on a lot of best of lists. I would like to enter awards season with some horses in the running – the Golden Globes dissed Studio 60 and that pretty much left me with out any reason to watch the awards show – I mean, if you aren’t going to award my show, why should I watch your silly who-cares-what’s-hot-in-Foreignlandestan-I-don’t-care-which-flavor-of-the-month-flash-in-the-pan-you-got-to-speak-with-you-they-still-don’t-deserve-an-award-for-deigning –to -be-interviewed-give-the-blue-eyed-blond-with-the-big-rack-the-trophy-popularity-contest- I- remember- Pia –Zadora-buddy-bogus-awards-ceremony anyway I’ll watch it any but now I’ll watch and be bitter about it, in protest, I won’t dress the cat up or anything. No, my cat won’t be wearing his award show bow tie for the Golden Globes. Suck it Hollywood Foreign Press.

No comments: