Friday, January 19, 2007

Dear Fellow Employees,

I understand how it can throw off the family schedule to have school canceled at the drop of a hat, or as the case may be, a drop of a snow flake. It’s really a pain. These last minute cancellations are really hard . Hard on all of us. Thank you for sharing your parenting struggles.

How do I know it was a pain? Because you shared the pain. You shared with everyone how big a wrench was thrown into your system. All of a sudden your kid had no where to be while you still had to go to work.

They gave us that bonus time for a reason - so that you did not have to turn our work place into a drop in daycare. You had the option to stay home with your kids and take the opportunely to make cookies or play board games or dress up you could go outside tie that hyperactive little twerp to a tree and make snow angles or other fun family togetherness activities. At your house.

How does your child sit at a desk all day at school if your s/he needs to spend the entire day pounding up and down the hallway? Is perhaps his/her schools’ curriculum entirely cross country running based? That is very progressive. I especially like the part where they get so tired they drop and take a nap in the middle of the hallway. I guess they would have been really in the way if that were to happen on the floor of your office.

I thought held againts my will spending time with your kids was a blast. I think you should try it sometimes, in a small space. Have you thought introducing your kids to four point hard restraints pilotes?

Instead of sugary soft drinks, how about chemical restraints chamomile tea as an afternoon refresher? I know after their seventeenth lap down the hallway, I certainly could have used some.

I’m sorry I couldn’t entertain your child for you, I would have had more time if I wasn’t all ready doing two other jobs in addition to my own My job, that other girls job and that other girl too. You know the two other people who work in that office that you didn’t seem to notice were not there despite the fact that I was doing their jobs? You know how I normally don’t usually send calls to you but then today I was on the phone with you all morning? Just me, not one of the other girls? The ones who didn’t come to work - unlike me and you and your kids. We all made it in. Did anyone call those other girls if they might try again to come in, you know, after about 9am when it had stopped pretend snowing and had settled into just being really damp? I mean, the roads were passable and clear for hours. Will anyone talk to them about that? Do they even have a supervisor?

I would have alerted you sooner about them not being there but with all the childcare I was providing added responsibility, time just got away from me.

Love,

Diana

No comments: