Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Long Weekend

Did I mention I wasn’t going to be here yesterday?

I found an exciting new work out. It’s called the “Buy a new area rug, carry (You can do it!) the new larger rug into your house, move the dinning room set, get the old smaller yet strangely very heavy for it’s size rug out of the way, heft (Feel the burn!) the new larger rug into place, unroll it, move with great expansion of energy (Work it!) the heavier than expected dinning room table back, then after you have Replaced the area rug under your suddenly much heavier than you remember it being dinning room table



Then deal with the heavy for its size old rug - first roll up then move old rug and move ( large area rugs are not bendy) into other room to (Just one more!) discover you didn’t do as good a job as you thought you did rolling it up and have it come undone then heft ( again, large area rugs are not bendy) the damn thing back to the dinning room, roll it properly and heft it back into the other room.” Work out.

I did this twice. It's all about getting your reps in.

This weekend was a big rug weekend for me. I shopped around and found a replacement area rug for my dinning room and then I took Dogger for a long walk around the historic district and ran across a moving sale and another rug. I mean, $10 for a 8x10 area rug, I mean really, you can’t say no! My car was even close by. For a an extra $5 I got a second 8x10 rug as a back up emergency rug - it’s living in the attic until I need to break the glass.

I did a lot of hefting and lugging this weekend.

The living room rug is only 5x7 and was nothing to heft around in comparison and it looks so nice in the livingroom. I should have dumped the old rug a long time ago. I did however need to wait a long time for K-Mart to have a huge sale. Have you ever priced area rugs? You’d be shocked. I had planned to buy one at Target because I have a lovely gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet - but then I started rug shopping and got a look at the prices on the larger sized rugs and scooted my wallet on to a cheaper pastures. I’ll spend that card yet, it just isn’t going to be on a rug.

They do have gorgeous plastic plates at Target though, maybe I need $25 worth of plastic plates?


Anyway.

As I was walking Dogger though the historic district, pre-rug buying, I kept running across odd things:









I guess if you can’t have its portrait made, move it or put a large bug in front of it you might as well leave your houses Christmas decorations up to annoy the neighbors.

No comments: