Friday, February 16, 2007

Cha, Cha, Changes....

Yes.

It's different. I know. I was surprised too and I did it. I'm not happy about it, but what can you do? Stay the same and become invisible, change and remain somewhat visible. Not the same though, I would have rathered stay the same. This template was a close as I could come.

Everything changed! It used to be so easy! I wanted to add something, it was easy. Call up the old template and just add whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted. Top of the page, bottom, middle! The sky was the limit!

It used to be manual. I wanted to do something, I had to do it. I had to find out that the HTML and then do it. I made mistakes.

But.

They were things I could fix.

Now?

Now? It's all automatic. It's their way or no way. I really hate that. There are things I can change, for instance, the pictures in the side bar are now too wide and I'm going to have to change the number of them - I'm not happy about it. It would be great if they would let me make the side bar a little wider. But that would be good for me, the end user and Blogger.Com can't have that.

I am also discovering that for whatever reason, my home computer has "applet" issues. Most of the fancy new cut and paste hoops that Blogger.Com wants me to jump through are applet-y. Sure, I can do it at work but oddly, Work would prefer that I work on their projects instead. I could go there over the weekend but that just seems sad and pathetic. But, I'm a blogger, sad and pathetic comes naturally to me. I should just embrace it.

Okay, moving on.

I was at the dog park the other night. Freezing, as per usual. I was standing there wondering if I always could feel my ears or if I was only aware of them because they were getting ready to fall off. I have been aware of them when they were not getting ready to fall off, but it was because I had sunburned them and they they were trying to peel off and they weren't happy then either. You really can't make them happy.. it's too hot, it's too cold. Big whiners, or they have an awful life and they live in like the worst environment on earth.

For the good of our relationship, I decided I needed to get a hat and the longer I thought about it - I had some time to think about it, Dogger could sense that I wanted to go home,and was well into her second wind. She always knows when I want to go home and takes it as her cue to run as far and fast as she can away from where I am. And she doesn't have ear issues - her ears are covered with fur and they are floppy. I think it's her butt that gets cold.

Anyway. I have a hat. I've had a hat for years. I was pretty sure I had a hat. I I ran across every time I was looking for something else, like shoes or that other mitten I can't ever find. It's green, the hat not the missing mitten. The hat makes me look like a fey longshoreman or if my hair is down, a butch Afghan hound.

I came home and looked for my hat, I found my other mitten.

1 comment:

Cat said...

I like the new look. And, your page loaded in less than 30 seconds with no errors-- that has not happened in at least 3 years. For you, it is frustrating. For your reader, it is liberating.

But I'm sorry it's frustrating. You can edit the html but you have to know more html than you used to.