Thursday, March 22, 2007

Los Lonely Dog

I went to the dog park today and didn’t know a soul! It was so wrong. It was like it was a Saturday. I hate Saturdays at the dog park - the people are such snobs. There was hardly anyone there and the few of them that were there all knew each other. It was so definitely a Saturday. On a Wednesday! don't these people know their place? There are weekday people and there are weekend people. Gawd.

I don’t know how it was Saturday on Wednesday but there it was. I first thought “Well, maybe everyone is just adjusting their park going time now that it’s lighter longer. But I was there at 6 and while I been there around five since the last time change, at six, most of my people would still be there. We’ve all been talking about how nice it is to not have to rush to get there at five. I thought about going early, but I was knee deep in the last Murder One episodes and I really wanted to see what happened - Nothing by the way, the got cancelled and there was no official end to the show and so that kind of sucked. I watched these last summer and I didn’t remember that bummer aspect of the DVDs.

So. Two hours into Ned and Stacey I’m still not sure what I saw in it. It’s not just stupid, their Mama dressed them funny too. It’s a sitcom and everything, but damn, its just so bad and it’s not just the clothes - but damn, tights with everything? but then I went and looked at the blurb on the mailer and suddenly it all made sense, 1995 . I think I wore tights with everything in 1995. I think in 1995 I was in temp job hell. Pre- nursing home, post Barney. I also noticed two hours in to Ned and Stacey that Thomas Hayden Church isn’t anywhere near as hot as I remember thinking he was; I also now know why he didn’t win the Oscar(tm) that time - two hours with him is a very, very long time . I’m totally going to soldier through the rest of the episodes,though, but mostly because I’m pretty sure that Will and Grace used the same sets and I want to make sure. I am sure though that Debra Messing lost a lot of weight between the two shows.

Back to the park. Dogger was so bored she took to chasing a fluffy white dog! She hasn’t chased fluffy white dogs in like forever! The fluffy white dog’s people weren’t so sure about my big orange dog chasing their fluffy white dog. Their loss. Dogger was really bummed by all the strangers. She galloped into the park and was all “My People My people!!!” And then was like “Whoa! Where are my people?”. She did her rounds of where the people sit and she didn’t know any of them. She was in doggy shock. It was very sad.

A half hour later we left. I fed Dogger and dove into my DVD player.

No comments: