Monday, March 12, 2007

OGIM

I watched three movies over the weekend, but I don’t suggest watching both Tenacious D the Pick of Destiny and The Road to Perdition in the same weekend. It’s just not right. It’s all right to watch Empire Records ( collectors edition), you know, again in combination with one or the other of the others but not one after the other after the other. TDTPOD does have some genuinely funny moments but if you can only watch or stomach one Jack Black movie per annum watch School of Rock or High Fidelity, he’s in that one but he’s not the lead. A little Jack Black goes a long way.

What else did I do? Well, Saturday night I cleaned out and organized my linen closet. Yes, I party hard. I was hoping that a big wad of cash had leached out of the walls since the last time I poked around in there, but sadly, other than yet another box of Christmas cards I came up empty. I do however have enough unopened boxes of Christmas cards to open my own Hallmark It’s an option I should keep on the table.

I took Dogger back to the park on Friday. She had a great time and it was nice to see my friends again. I think that I should have given it a couple of more days though. Maybe waited until she was finished with her course of antibiotics... She was fine while she was there, great even, as happy as a dog could be. But Saturday she was back to sleeping all day. But maybe she sleeps every Saturday. Maybe that’s just what she does on Saturdays. Hell maybe she sleeps all day everyday and I’m not usually spending my waking hours watching her sleep. I don’t know, I never kept track of what she was doing! She’s a dog! It’s not like she’s packing a day runner or a blackberry. I really never paid much attention to what she was doing. As long as she wasn’t shredding the electric bill or tormenting the Kitty I really couldn’t tell you what she was doing or how long she spent doing it.

She didn’t spend the entire Saturday sleeping, we sat on the front steps and read my book for a lot of the afternoon. I thought she would spend more time grazing in the yard but she insisted on sitting on the stairs with me. I wish I had a picture .

My other big fun over the weekend was bathing Dogger. Yes, I really party way to hardy. I should go to rehab or something, maybe go hang with Britney or Lindsey.

I had so much time on my hands that when I decided I needed to go to the grocery I drove all the way to Food Lion instead of Kroger!! and then I came home and made dinner! . In my defense it was an awesome dinner. How many of you had shrimp fettuccine alfredo with broccoli followed up by fresh home made brownies? And not the microwave dinner version either. I made it from scratch, well, not the brownies, those came from a box but the mix called for real eggs! but I used eggy weggies, but... Still, I had to heat up the oven then stir the batter and then find something to put it in and load everything into the dish washer and then run the dishwasher. I’m drained. I’m so drained that last week I accidentally taped Crossing Jordan and now I’m watching it. I need to go lie down with Dogger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your astoundingly huge relief that Evil Kitty (whose REAL name and REAL temperament is Swee T. Pie) left the premises. She too seems hugely relieved--to be HOME, even slept on our bed last night.

Sorry she's such a P in the A at your house!

Eduth

Unknown said...

Nah, she was all right. Twice a day I just checked to make sure she was still in the house.