Friday, March 16, 2007

Party all the time

Are ya’ll all excited to hear about my exciting lunch time adventures on Wednesday? Well, let me tell you…

It started with a fascinating trip to the pet store to get new food for the Kitty! It’s always an adventure because the pet store people went off their meds and now every time I go in there they have rearranged the stock again and I have to tour the store to find the cat food again. I don’t like it. My lunch hour isn’t long enough to play hide and seek with the cat food isle. I want to get in get out and still have time to enjoy my Happy Meal across the street.

I didn’t go for the Happy Meal, instead I went to Sam’s because I needed to get my prescription refilled and I was pretty sure I had lost the Sam’s bill I had just got in the mail. I don’t know what happened to it. It arrived and then it disappeared. Gone, into the air. I don’t know if one of the Kitty ate it out of spite or I threw it away or what happened to it. I do know that it is gone and I can’t mail it in and I don’t think the spiteful Kitty is going to pay it. So. My plan was to go to Sam’s get my prescription refilled and pay my bill. I thought that all I would have to do with my bill was to go to customer service, admit what happened and show them my card and pay my bill. My $2.58 bill. I am a very high roller. So. I went to the pharmacy and then trotted down to customer service.

They wouldn’t let me pay my bill. I said But I lost it. I want to pay it now and I can. Can’t you just call up my card number and let me pay it? . No, No they can’t just call up the card number. They can take my card back to the back somewhere and play with it for fifteen minutes to ascertain what I had just purchased because I gawd forbid, didn’t have a receipt, and must have stolen a flat screen, but under no circumstances could they see how much I owed them. It was very annoying and eating into my lunch hour.

I was trying to get things done and TPTB were not cooperating with me. Here I was trying to give them money and I was being turned away!. Somewhere Sam Walton was spinning in his grave.

Speaking of the pharmacy. I told one of my co-workers about how Sam’s pharmacy is cheaper then my old pharmacy. I had the big mega-corporate nature of it, but a $4 co-pay is a $4 co-pay. I was paying $10 for the same thing. Anyway. I could not get the co-worker to understand why $4 is cheaper than $10.

Me - I pay $4.
Co-Worker - How?
Me – How? I gave them my prescription and they fill it and then they charge me $4.
Co-Worker – How does it work? Do they charge your insurance company?
Me – I don’t know. I don’t know about that end of it. They charge me $4.
Co-Worker – Do you have to have insurance?
Me – I think so.
Co-Worker – I don’t use the state insurance, I have other insurance.
Me – See if they take the insurance you use.
Co-Worker – How does it work with the insurance company?
Me - I don’t know. I don’t care. I give them $4 and they give me my script. It’s $6 cheaper then my old pharmacy.


And it went on like that, and then she wanted to ask about Wal-Mart and whether they were doing the $4 thing too. I told her I don’t know from Wal-Mart pharmacy. And then she got on the phone and called someone and then got back to me and said she didn’t think it would work and I said okay.

My life is so damn exciting sometimes.

Going, Going...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the $4 has to do with Tier One drugs, which are usually generics, and some companies charge not much (or not anything, in some cases) for them, to encourage us to same THEM money by using cheaper drugs. Whatever.