Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sick Puppy

So. Another day another early morning stroll around the yard with Dogger . I put dogger back to bed and a few hours later we’re back at square one. I love the smell of hours old dog shite in the morning.

I have learned though. This morning I had her locked up in her crate... I didn’t at first but I learned. You know, it doesn’t take playing search and destroy with piles of poop before I begin to figure things out. So, when I came home for lunch, the mess was limited to just everything inside of her crate as well as Dogger herself. I guess it was better than not knowing where the mess was.

“Limited” but not less messy. I walked in the door over lunch and the house was rank. When I left in the morning the house was redolent with disinfectant and dollar store air freshener with only the barest whiff of dog shite.. Hours later, there was the barest whiff of disinfectant. Thank Gawd I keep the house cold.

I was late to work. I think somewhere between trips one and two to the yard I must have decided I didn’t need the alarm to get up. Why bother.

Well. I should have. I was laying there listening to Dogger start whining again and I started to get up again and my eye fell to the clock. !@#$%^&* !!!

I put Dogger out again . Pilled Kitty, got dressed, stripped prepaired the downstairs bathroom for Dogger, brought Dogger back inside and locked her up and went to work.

And waited for the vets office to open.

They can’t see her until Monday. When I asked about some sort of OTC relief for Dogger, and by extension, me because I am not loving any of this. I suggested Immodium or pepto... They suggested a diet of rice and chicken. I point out that I don't cook for myself.

I cook for my dog... who last night thought it was interesting because it was different, by the morning decided she really doesn't like white food.

The Kitty, over the past several days has morphed into The Worlds Best Cat. He loves on me, cuddles up with me at night - a practice he abandoned a weeks ago and he has started to hand out head butts indiscriminatly. He hasn't watched TV with me in the evening in a really... I can't remember how long ago, but I think it might ahve been around the same time Dogger started to watch TV with me in the evening.

No comments: