Friday, April 27, 2007

I’m getting to hot for this !@#$

Sitting here in this heat is giving me cankles! I have the feet and ankles of a different woman and I wish she would hurry up and claim them. I’m tired of taking care of them for her.

I’ve noticed this situation because lately I’ve been wearing sandals instead of stockings and shoes, and I would put my feet up, but in addition to sandals I’ve been wearing skirts and it is not easy to both put your feet up and still maintain some decorum.

So I hobble around like an aged hobbit.

It’s so warm my very pretty Administrative Professionals Day bouquet is drooping – which I find odd, because don’t flowers like hot houses? Shouldn’t the flowers be the only things happy in the office? Perhaps it’s the “office” thing, they would be happy but they would prefer to work from home, say their own ”house”, hot or otherwise.

It’s not like I’m abusing them, they have plenty of lovely indirect sunlight and I mean they are sitting in water. I don’t understand. To remedy the drooping situation, I’ve been advised by a horticulturalist slash Social Worker that I should cut the ends of the stalks off while I am holding them underwater, I would get right on this but, I’m not sure what the policy is regarding plant life in the sinks. I know we have been forbidden to pour our sodas out in the water fountains but they have been remiss in issuing a policy for dealing with floral arrangements. Would it be all right to perform surgery my dropping flowers with state issued scissors?

In the heat, I have of course started my book on the Chicago Heat Wave of 1995. I was going to read it at lunch today but it was too hot and sitting there in the heat reading about people sitting in the heat was just too meta for me.

It’s too hot for me to deal with the Byzantine office supply ordering practices -White paper from these people, colored paper from another group, toner for the fax from this firm, but for the printer toner can only be purchased through that firm. "Oh you can only order blue pens from the main office supply” black pens should be ordered through XYZ, but you can order all tape types with the exception of masking tape from central - we can order approximately 49 different color combinations of half inch labels – but, if I want plastic page protectors? No joy. I get requests all the time for this and you would think we would stock them because my group can not be the only people who want them, they aren’t that original - but no. If I want to add insult to injury I’ll go really crazy and use the sacred state credit card – but only if I absolutely have to. Using the card is another whole raft of issues and permissions and web sites and ordering protocols.

If I want real excitement I’ll order something that requires printing – from yet another source – the prison system and that’s another set of rules and regs and web sites and forms. Everything thing is three web sites and a half a dozen forms.

Because of the heat I went to Sam’s and bought a pack of page protectors. I donated to the state $8.62. I expect to see an off ramp named after me in the near future.

There is a new sign on the refrigeratorWATER WITHOUT INTITALS IS FOR EVERYBODY , as opposed to the water I was handed yesterday that did have initials! my cold water was HOT!! Oh No! I’ve turned into that guy whole stole the bread and got chased around by Andrew Lloyd Webber!

No comments: